A media player supporting podcast, radio, library, music stores and much more
· Add media to Songbird by importing from your file system or iTunes.
· Songbird supports MP3, FLAC, and Vorbis on all platforms; WMA and WMA DRM on Windows; and AAC and Fairplay on Windows and Mac.
· Songbird now uses GStreamer as our main media playback system, across all platforms.
· Create dynamic playlists that automatically update based on criteria you set.
· Songbird includes an integrated web browser with features like bookmarking, tabbed browsing, and more.
· Over 25 completed, community-contributed localizations and growing!
· Quickly setup Songbird for the first time.
· Make Songbird your own by choosing from dozens of different skins feathers.
· Browse, organize, sort and search your media.
· Songbird's device support is limited. The Device Support wiki has additional details about what's supported. Apple iPhones, iPod Touch and Microsoft Zune devices are not yet supported.
· Songbird supports reading from and writing metadata to many music file formats. We still need to support the ability to fetch additional metadata from popular lookup services.
· Display the currently playing track's album art and write new artwork back to the file. We still need to support album art fetching.
Performance & Stability:
· Improving the performance and stability of Songbird is an ongoing focus. Each release we set aside dedicated cycles to ensure we're making progress.
· At least 512 MB of physical RAM
· 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or comparable
· 16 bit sound card (Recommended: 32 bit Sound Card)
· Speakers or headphones
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Two-way synchronization between devices and the Songbird library
· Automatic organization of downloaded and ripped files into an Artist/Album filesystem hierarchy.
· The PlaylistCommandsBuilders interface has been deprecated. Add-on developers should use the new playlistcommands interface