Sniffs out Worms, Trojan horses, Cookies, Adware, Spyware and more
WinPatrol will alert you to Spyware, Adware, & nasty programs that may infiltrate your computer without your knowledge.Scotty the Windows Watch Dog sniffs out malicious "mysteryware" and parasites that may assault your computer. WinPatrol puts you back in control of your computer so you'll know what programs are and should be running at all times. WinPatrol is a security tool that protect you from worms, trojan, cookies, adware, spyware.WinPatrol's goal is to help you better understand what programs are running on your computer, and alert you to any new programs added without your permission. Scotty lets you confirm any new programs set up to run on your computer.WinPatrol uses a heuristic approach to detecting attacks and violations of your computing environment. Traditional security programs scan your hard drive searching for previously identified threats. WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge. You'll be removing dangerous new programs while others download new reference files.Don't be surprised when you see programs not listed by typical Startup Program managers. WinPatrol has expanded the number of locations monitored to include many undocumented registry locations.NOTE: While the free version is fully functional at detecting and removing spyware/adware we recommend WinPatrol PLUS for a complete WinPatrol experience. PLUS membership is a one time $29.95 purchase and helps to support future development. Here are some key features of "WinPatrol":
· Increase Your Speed & System Performance
· Detect & Neutralize Spyware. Detect & Neutralize ADware
· Detect & Neutralize Viral infections. Detect & Neutralize Unwanted IE Add-Ons
· Detect & Restore File Type Changes Automatically Filter Unwanted Cookies
· Avoid Start Page Hijacking. Detect HOSTS file changes
· Kill Multiple Tasks that replicate each other, in a single step
· Stop programs that repeatedly add themselves to your Startup List
· Delete and Remove the most Stubborn Infections
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Firefox 4.0 uses an updated version of the SQLite database library which included features not supported by WinPatrol. We've updated our SQLite code to support Firefox 4.0 users.
· Some 64-bit users reported duplicate WinPatrol entries in the startup programs list. This has been fixed. I've also updated the check box on the Options tab so you can initialization how WinPatrol is set to start.
Provided Cloud Privacy Option:
· While I'm satisfied with our implemenation of data collected when you keep or remove a program many of your friends using WinPatrol are obviously concerned about privacy. You may uncheck the option to share decisions. This may also reduce complaints by Firewall programs. Most firewall programs are happy as long as you let them know that WinPatrol.exe and WinPatrolEx.exe are safe. Even if you don't participate in sharing your choices, PLUS members will still have useful Cloud data available when checking PLUS Info.