The program provides a regularly updated 7 day forecast anywhere in the US
Catfood Weather downloads its forecast from the National Weather Service for any location in the continental United States, easily configured by entering a ZIP code. You can set up multiple locations and then switch forecast from the taskbar menu.Catfood Weather runs as a taskbar icon that is updated to show today's forecast. Hover your mouse over the icon to see current conditions, click the icon to bring up the seven day forecast. Here are some key features of "Catfood Weather":
· The terminator between day and night is continuously calculated; you can see sunrise and sunset around the world and observe the changing seasons throughout the year. Desktate includes several satellite images and you can download more to find the perfect combination. You can also control the transparency of the night image and the duration of sunset / sunrise.
· Blue Marble 2 monthly imagery may be combined to show the extent of snow and ice throughout the year. You can also export a single image or a sequence of frames from Desktate.
· You can choose to rotate the image (so for example local noon or local midnight is always at the center of the screen) or fix the map on one location and watch the terminator progress across your screen during the day.
· Optional layers include composite weather satellite cloud images, political borders, time zones and place names. You can create and merge in your own data, or create a custom list of place names.
· Catfood Weather requires version 1.1 of the Microsoft .NET Framework
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Now supports weather alerts