A powerful ftp server with very small program size
Xlight ftpd is a high performance easy-to-use ftp server with virtual servers support. Designed to use very little memory and CPU, it has a lot of unique features such as scheduled total bandwidth control, three level virtual paths, and access control rules.Xlight FTP Server allows you to transfer files using the FTP protocol.Using its own unique algorithm, it could handle more users than other windows ftp servers. Besides its high performance, xlight ftp server also has a lot of unique features.Note: The personal edition is FREE for personal use only. Here are some key features of "Xlight FTP Server":
· Support virtual servers - Xlight FTP Server can run multiple virtual servers on the same IP address.
· System Service - It can run as window system service.
· Native User Isolation - Each user has separate virtual paths from other users, he can never see virtual paths of others. There is no need to lock a user in his home path any more.
· Hierarchy Virtual Paths - FTP server has public and group paths, which make access control and permission management easier. Group path can be seen only by users of a group, public path can be seen by all users.
· GUI based Remote Administration - Xlight FTP server can be securely administrated from anywhere.
· 128 bits SSL - FTP sessions can be protected by industry security standard. Support SSL client authentication.
· Store users in the database - User settings and password can be stored in the external database and retrieved through ODBC connections. Stored procedure is supported to facilitate the integration of database applications.
· Store file transfer logs in the database - File transfer logs can be stored in the external database through ODBC.
· Email Event Notification - Automatically notify events happened in the ftp server by email. Such events include file upload, download, delete and disk space low etc.
· Active Directory - Users can be authenticated against Active Directory. Settings of ftp users can be stored in the Active Directory.
· Support LDAP - Users can be authenticated against the LDAP directory Server. Settings of ftp users can be stored in the LDAP directory server.
· Support UPnP - Configuring ftp server behind the UPnP awared boardband router becomes much easier.
· UNC Path Impersonation - FTP server can can use the impersonation account to access password protected network shares.
· Advanced Configuration Management - Configuration changes will take place in real-time, without restarting the ftp server.
· Advanced Access Control - Provides many methods to control user's access right.
· Advanced Bandwidth Control - Bandwidth can be fine-tuned by different virtual servers, groups and users level or scheduled by time range.
· Auto Block IPs - It can prevent server from hammers or malicious behaviors.
· Deny or Allow IPs - It can deny or allow user's access by his ip address.
· Login Time Control - It can control login period by each user.
· File Access Control - It can control user only downloading or uploading certain files.
· Detail Server Status - It has detailed bandwidth usage and user connections information, download and upload status.
· Server Log - It has detailed logs for recording users' activities and server errors.
· xferlog Support - Support writing ftp transfer log in UNIX ftp xferlog format.
· Anti Leech Support - Support anti-leech function to prevent unauthoried people from leeching ftp links.
· MODE Z Support - Support real time data coompression during the data transfer.
· UFT-8 Support - Support OPTS UTF8 command to turn on and off UTF-8 encoding.
· IPv6 Support - IPv6 is seamlessly integrated in all server functions.
· During 30-day evaluation period, trial program will work as professional edition. After evaluation period, it will become personal edition automatically, if not registered. What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Add an option to enable SSH tunnel (Port Forwarding via direct-tcpip channel).