A folder synchronizer used to efficiently replicate entire groups of folders and the files within
InSync is an application that helps you schedule synchronization jobs to run monthly, weekly, daily with InSync's built-in scheduler interface. InSync is a directory synchronizer that allows you to rapidly and automatically make identical copies of directory structures and all files within. 1-way, 2-way, and backup synchronization modes are supported.This is useful in performing backups and propagating data from one machine to another. Using InSync you can define and run multiple synchronization jobs that can specify one or more source directories, each which can be synchronized to one or more target directories.Perform backups or propagate data from one machine to another with ease. Define and run multiple synchronization jobs specifying one or more source folders, synchronized to one or more target folders. Schedule jobs to run daily, weekly, or monthly with InSync's built-in scheduler interface. Avoid redundant data movement and resource underutilization by copying only data that has changed and by taking full advantage of multi thread processing to support concurrent execution of multiple tasks. Here are some key features of "InSync":
· Simple set up, management, and scheduling of synchronization jobs.
· One-way, 2-way, and backup synchronization of files and sub-folders from Source to Target Folder.
· Optimized to copy only those files that are actually different, minimizing data transfer and network load.
· Concurrent execution of multiple synchronization jobs.
· High-performance implementation focussed on backup and mirroring.
· Preservation of NTFS permissions, ownership, and group information.
· Supports FAT, FAT32, VFAT, NTFS, CDFS, and UDF file systems on any type of storage media including external Hard Disk, Zip Disk, USB Drive, CD-RW, DVD, NAS, Workstation, Laptop, Desktop, Server, LAN, WAN, VPN, or Network.
· Supports international character sets in folder and file names under Windows NT4, 2000, XP and Server 2003.
· Supports long path names that exceed the usual 260 character Windows limit.
· Internet Explorer 5.01 or later
· 30-day trial
· Nag screen What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Intellithreads. New intelligent thread scheduler maximizes performance through increased parallelism without burdening system resources. Processor configuration, input/output and memory load are monitored for optimal use resulting in up to 40% improvement in backup or synchronization speed.
· Optimized buffer management. New optimized input-output memory buffer manager redesigned to make efficient use of memory by mitigating memory fragmentation and cache invalidation caused by cache line sharing on multiprocessor systems such as Intel's Core 2 and Quad processors. In practical terms these technical details translate to lower system load and better device access performance.
· Portable device support. Portable devices such as flash sticks and USB drives which are not always allocated constant drive letters can now be referred to by volume name. The file naming convention has been extended to allow the specification of a volume name instead of a drive letter.
· UAC aware design....