Speeds up and simplifies research in molecular biology and biochemistry.
Geneious Pro is an integrated bioinformatics tool suite for manipulating, sharing, finding and exploring biological data such as DNA sequences or proteins, 3D structure information, phylogenies, publications, etc.Geneious is a cross-platform research engine for the retrieval, organization and analysis of biomolecular data that allows any molecular biologist do core bioinformatics tasks in a flash by removing painful data-administration. Geneious comes pre-bundled with bioinformatics functions from publication or nucleotide searching through to sequence alignment and tree-building, and includes functions for extracting protein translations, sequence analysis and 3D structure visualization.Geneious lets you set up agents to let new publications and sequences automatically find you, and eliminates the need for manually cutting and pasting sequences. It contains all core bioinformatics functions in an integrated workflow. Because Geneious agents set up a workspace with only the sequences and publications you care about, you never need to visit primary website sources again, and research can sometimes literally happen in a flash because you have circumscribed the problem of large data sets in an unwieldy format.Geneious is for any molecular biologist that wants to improve the speed and sophistication of their research by using bioinformatics approaches, but doesn't necessarily expect to be a bioinformatician. Here are some key features of "Geneious Pro":
Organize and visualize:
· Organize, visualize and search sequences (with annotations), alignments, phylogenetic trees, publications, protein structures and more!
· Seamlessly integrated searching with Genbank, PubMed, BLAST and UniProt
Align and build trees:
· Basic pairwise alignment, multiple alignment and tree building methods including bootstrapping and consensus trees.
Import and Export:
· Import and export Newick, Nexus, FASTA and Endnote formats. Import PDF, 3D Structures, Vector NTI, Chromatograms, DNA Strider, Clustal, list of formats
· Free plugins for extended functionality, Public Java API (application programming interface) for developing your own plugins
· Java 1.5 or 1.6, included in the installer
· 14 days trial What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New features added in Pro version only:
· Support for Multi-site gateway cloning
· BAM format import and export (including BAM index file)
· BED format import and export
· SAM format export
· Set the color of folders and documents in local and server databases
· RNA Fold viewer scrolls to selection
· Better results when reference sequence assembling.
· Codon usage statistics added to the Statistics tab in the Sequence and Alignment view
· The direction of sequencing reads can be set before the assembly process using "Set Read Direction" in the Sequence menu
· Improved performance and greatly reduced memory usage when dealing with large numbers of sequences (both stand-alone and in contigs)
· BLAST searches now have the option to return a query-centric alignment document only
· BLAST searches now have the option to bin queries into those with hits and those with none, without the need to download entire hits (faster than a standard search)
· Added "Whole Words Only" checkbox to ...