This runtime environment allows end-users to run Java applications
Java allows you to play online games, chat with people around the world, calculate your mortgage interest, and view images in 3D, just to name a few. It's also integral to the intranet applications and other e-business solutions that are the foundation of corporate computing.The Java Runtime Environment is intended for software developers and vendors to redistribute with their applications.The Java 2 Runtime Environment contains the Java virtual machine, runtime class libraries, and Java application launcher that are necessary to run programs written in the Java programming language. Sun Java JRE is not a development environment and does not contain development tools such as compilers or debuggers. For development tools, see the Java SDK, .The J2SE Java Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications. Here are some key features of "Sun Java JRE":
· Write software on one platform and run it on practically any other platform
· Create programs to run within a web browser and web services
· Develop server-side applications for online forums, stores, polls, HTML forms processing, and more
· Combine Java technology-based applications or services to create highly customized applications or services
· Write powerful and efficient applications for mobile phones, remote processors, low-cost consumer products, and practically any device with a digital heartbeat
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Java SE 6u26 contains Olson time zone data version 2011g.
· This release contains fixes for security vulnerabilities.
· Regression: cannot run filemaker application due to java.lang.ClassCircularityError