Emulates how books display on Kindle devices and applications
The Kindle Previewer application was developed to be a small tool that emulates how books display on Kindle devices and applications. Kindle Previewer makes it easy to preview the layout of a book and make sure its text displays properly for any orientation or font size. This tool is recommended for publishers, eBook conversion companies, and individual authors in combination with KindleGen to produce the highest quality Kindle books.Kindle Previewer lets you validate the content formatting for Kindle books created for the following Kindle devices and applications: · Kindle· Kindle DX· Kindle for iPhoneKindle Previewer makes it easy to preview the layout of a Kindle book so you can make sure its text displays properly for any orientation or font size. Kindle Previewer also lets you easily navigate a Kindle book and quickly turn pages so that you can verify how the book's content will look before you publish it in the Kindle Store. Publishers, eBook conversion companies, and individual authors can use Kindle Previewer as a companion to KindleGen to produce the highest-quality Kindle books. Kindle Previewer can display books created in the following Amazon Kindle formats: - .azw - .mobi - .prc You use Kindle Previewer as a companion to KindleGen to create Kindle books. KindleGen is a free command-line tool that allows you to build a Kindle book from sources in HTML, XHTML, or IDPF 2.0 format (HTML content files with an XML .opf manifest file). KindleGen is the only tool officially supported by Amazon to convert files to the Kindle format. Requirements:
· 1GHz processor
· 512 MB of RAM
· 15-inch display size
· 1024 by 768 screen resolution
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Upgrading the previewing experience in "Kindle" preview mode to match with that of the Latest 3rd Generation Kindle Device.
· Support for Non-Latin characters. Kindle Previewer can now display Cyrillic (such as Russian), Japanese, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), and Korean characters in addition to Latin and Greek scripts.
· Support for Transcoding of Videos in a Kindle Edition
· Support for Search in Kindle, Kindle DX and Custom preview modes
· Added additional Navigation features like Goto Previous Image and Goto Next Image
· Added an Auto flipper to flip through pages and images automatically
· Support in Windows to associate Kindle Previewer as default application to Open Mobi files
· Support for custom install location in Windows
· Fixed the issue faced on windows with other than 100% DPI setting