Tool designed to make, edit, convert icons
Icon creation has evolved. Axialis IconWorkshop is a software that creates, extracts, converts and manages icons. It supports all existing icon formats up to Windows Vista (256x256 PNG compressed icons). If you are a developper, you will appreciate a plugin which permits working efficiently with Visual Studio. It creates a bridge with the VS IDE to enhance your workflow. It is the only icon editor which permits creation and edition of Image Strips for toolbars. Do not struggle with wide bitmaps anymore! Just open them in IconWorkshop and edit each icon separetely. Use drag and drop to easily create attractive icons from various ready to use image objects in seconds. Several packs of image objects is included in the product (more than 2000 objects). A powerful editor permits to create icons using many tools including numerous filters and effects. Once an image is created, add several images formats in one click. Create icons from images with alpha transparency (PNG, PSD, J2000, BMP, GIF). Create PNG, JPEG 2000 and Web optimized GIF images from icons. If you work with Photoshop and Illustrator, you can import PSD images with layers and use the plugins to transfer images in memory and make your icon in a few clicks. 10 Photoshop Templates permits to create your icon with different formats in Photoshop and transfer them in one step to create your icon. Numerous batch procedures have been implemented in IconWorkshop to automatically perform operations on a large number of files. Convert several icons between Macintosh and Windows OS in seconds. Use a powerful librarian to easily manage all your icon and library (ICL) files. A file explorer permits to browse disks and work with files (images, icons, programs...). This explorer displays files in thumbnail preview mode. Use an exhaustive help system including getting started lessons, how to procedures and the reference manual. Here are some key features of "Axialis IconWorkshop":
· Ability to create icons compatible with all versions of Windows including the latest XP format with alpha channel
· Supports images with alpha channel to create icons (smooth transparency, shadows and image borders)
· Customize Windows icons. Adjust Windows icon size. Repair or rebuilds Windows icon cache.
· Transfer images from Adobe Photoshop using a plug-in (through memory - no more temporary PSD file)
· Reads Macintosh icons from 16x16 mono to OS-X 128x128 alpha channel thumbnail format. Save them for Windows.
· Supports ICL Icon Libraries Create/Load/Save
· Imports/Exports Adobe Photoshop PSD images with layers
· Imports/Exports PNG and BMP with smooth transparency alpha channel
· Import/Export Adobe Photoshop PSD images with layers
· Batch create PNG, PSD or BMP images from icons (several icons at once)
· Batch create Windows icons from images or Macintosh icons (several icons at once)
· Batch convert Macintosh icons to Windows icons (several icons at once)
· Create icon or library snapshot images (create an image showing all the image formats embedded in an icon or library)..
· Contains several icon image filters (blur, smooth, sharpen, details, contour, emboss...)
· Contains several icon image adjustments (Hue, Saturation, Brightness, Contrast...)
· Contains several icon image tools (Resize, Rotation at any angle, flip...)
· Drop shadow effect to create Windows XP compliant icons
· Enhanced color swatch/palette system compatible with Adobe and Jasc color files.
· Create an icon with all its formats from another icon image in one operation (easy-to-use wizard).
· Create an icon with all its formats from an extarnal image file in one operation (easy-to-use wizard).
· Create an icon from a screen capture
· Create ICL icon library
· Open any executable file (EXE, DLL, OCX...). Ability to change icons embedded in executable files.
· Pentium-class CPU - 1Ghz (2 Ghz recommended)
· 256MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
· 40 MB of free hard disk space
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New image file formats supported (load/save);
· multi-export feature;
· bug fixes.