Will make your computer run faster - just like when it was new
PerfectDisk, the world's most popular and thorough disk defragmentation solution, combines speed, thoroughness flexibility, control and ease-of-use to help improve PC and server perforance. Global enterprises benefit from faster computers through regular, automated, unattended defragmentation with PerfectDisk. Certified by Microsoft for Windows, PerfectDisk is designed for today's largest disk drives. With the PerfectDisks Command Center management console, complete management and control is at the administrator's fingertips. If you really need disk defragmentation, optimization, as well as free space consolidation, then PerfectDisk will surely meet each of your high demands and precise necessities.Every time you use your computer, even when it's brand new, the files on your PC or laptop will continuously become fragmented. This means that these files are split into millions of pieces, and this occurs even more so when you go to add, modify and delete them.So when you go to access a file - even just to read it - it will take much longer than necessary because Windows has to first find each piece of the file before you can even see it. This makes using your computer, and doing everything you want, much slower than it should be. Fragmentation also leads to much slower boot times and will make applications run slow or even potentially cause them to "lock-up" or freeze.Defragging your computer puts the pieces of your files back together into a single piece - the way they should be. A defragmented computer will boot quicker, files will be accessed faster, and your applications will not hang.A good disk defragger will not only defragment, but will also consolidate the free space on your drives into one large piece so when you create a new file, there will be enough free space to save that file in a single piece, rather than fragmenting right away. Defrag for a faster computer and a healthy PC. Here are some key features of "PerfectDisk Professional":
Fragmentation Prevention with OptiWrite:
· PerfectDisk's new OptiWrite technology prevents most fragmentation on your drive before it occurs, which prevents your system from slowing down. OptiWrite detects when Windows is going to fragment files and intelligently redirects I/O to stop the fragmentation from occurring. System performance is maintained and the need to utilize CPU and Disk I/O resources to defragment files is greatly reduced. Because less defragmentation is needed, there is a direct benefit in the form of energy saved in both CPU usage and in the reading and writing to a disk. It saves users both in energy costs and in the time required to defragment a file system.
Intelligent Disk Optimization:
· For the limited fragmentation that can still occur, PerfectDisk's patented SMARTPlacement optimization strategy optimizes disk drives according to your unique usage patterns. SMARTPlacement results in the most consolidated free space available, the elimination of most fragmentation before it occurs, and a reduced rate of fragmentation.
· SSD Optimize is an optimization method for SSDs that focuses on free space consolidation without defragmentation of files. Solid State Drives are not affected by file fragmentation like traditional electromechanical disk drives. As such, it will leave files in a fragmented state while consolidating free space into large pieces.
Auto-Optimization for Complete Unattended Optimization:
· PerfectDisk’s exclusive StealthPatrol tab is used to set automatic fragmentation prevention and optimize your system when it isn't busy. Auto-optimization affords you the flexibility to optimize your system when it is idle or when the Windows screensaver is active. Auto-optimization provides the flexibility to not run during certain periods of the day or when a user-defined application is running. No other defrag or optimization utility proves this level of flexibility.
Advanced Boot Time Defrag:
· An important factor in faster PC performance is a thorough boot time defrag. PerfectDisk's advanced boot time defrag capability is able to defragment files that otherwise would remain fragmented such as the Windows pagefile.sys or the file system's MFT (Master File Table) and provides the best boot time defrag operation.
· Total disk defragmentation and free space consolidation
· PerfectDisk offers the most comprehensive solution for defragmentation by optimizing virtually every file on the system, including the Master File Table (MFT), all NTFS metadata files, paging files, directories, and datafiles, and completely consolidating free space. And it does it all in a single pass. There's also a Selected Files Defrag option that is useful for defragmenting very large files such as video files, rather than defragmenting the entire drive.
Standard Multi-Gigabyte and Multi-Terabyte Drive Support:
· PerfectDisk defragments the very largest disk drives that are prevalent in today's operating environments - drives that range from several hundred gigabytes to several terabytes. Support for RAID and Volume Sets enables powerful defragmentation for the largest and most complex environments with large storage arrays and volumes. Because of this design, PerfectDisk not only defragments these large drives completely, but it does so at up to twice as fast as other defragmenters, consolidates the drives' free space, and uses 80% fewer resources - at no extra cost.
· New S.M.A.R.T. monitoring capabilities monitor the status of physical drives. It generates warnings and alerts for hardware performance and reliability, helping you ensure you are aware of any potential hardware problems.
CPU and I/O - Control Resource Throttling:
· Perfectdisk provides resource throttling capabilities to manage resource usage as efficiently as possible. I/O throttling allows PerfectDisk to run on very busy disks without imposing additional load on the disk. CPU throttling allows you to raise or lower the CPU priority at which it runs. PerfectDisk uses very minimal CPU resources in its standard processing.
· 32-bit, x64 and Itanium platforms
· 64 MB RAM (128MB recommended)
· 20 MB Disk Space
· FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS
· All levels of RAID and SAN are supported
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
OptiWrite to Prevent Fragmentation:
· PerfectDisk's new OptiWrite technology prevents most fragmentation on your drive before it occurs, which prevents degradation of your system’s performance. OptiWrite detects when Windows is going to fragment files and intelligently redirects I/O so that most fragmentation does not occur. As a result, the need to utilize CPU and Disk I/O resources to defragment files is greatly reduced. Because less work is needed to optimize the drive, there is a direct benefit in the form of energy saved in both CPU usage and in the reading and writing to a disk. It saves users both in energy costs and in the time required to optimize the drive.
Flexibility with Multiple Optimization Options:
· Each drive and each user is unique, therefore PerfectDisk has different optimization algorithms that can be set on a per drive basis depending on the type and needs of that drive.
· SMARTPlacement is a patented optimization strategy that organizes files according to usage...