Classic Start Menu in Windows system notification area
Taskbar Classic Start Menu adds to the system notification area an icon. By clicking this icon, you can bring up the popup menu, which is similar to the Programs menu of the Start button from the versions of Windows released before Windows 7. The program is intended for users who want to launch their programs using classic start menu, which in Windows 7 is missing. This menu can automatically hide unused items (in the same manner as Windows 2000 and Me Start Menu did), show only the common or only the personal items, or they both together (separately or merged), or display a number of items with the user-specified second additional icon.It is possible to separately specify the size of icons, both for top-level items and sub-folders, to choose to display in multiple columns of a given height or one, with or without separators. Top-level menu will provide users with a vertical banner with the name of the program, which can be replaced by any custom picture or removed at all. What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The menu now contains all the items present in the classic start menu in Windows, not just programs.
· Ability to change additional icons that items may have, if they are displayed.
· Ability to separately specify the size of icons, both for top-level menu, and for sub-folders.
· The top-level menu now shows a vertical banner, which can be replaced by any custom picture.
· Support for display windows and buttons visual styles.
· The right mouse button when you click on the item is now a context menu of Windows Explorer.
· Double right click on the icon in the notification area will not cause any action.
· The program has become available in Russian.