Full NK2 (AutoComplete) editor for Microsoft Outlook
Every time that you type an email address or name in the message window of MS-Outlook, it automatically offer you a list of users and email address that you can choose. This feature is known as 'AutoComplete' and Outlook automatically build this emails list according to user activity and save it into a file with .NK2 extension. In some circumstances, you may need to fix or modify the values appeared in the AutoComplete list, or you may want to remove unwanted email addresses and/or to add new email addresses. MS-Outlook doesn't provide any ability to edit this AutoComplete list, so this is where NK2Edit software can help you. The NK2Edit application was developed to be a full NK2 (AutoComplete) editor for Microsoft Outlook.NOTE:- NK2Edit can read, write, and create NK2 files for Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, and Outlook 2010 Beta. - Outlook installation is not required on the computer that you run NK2Edit, except of "Add Records From Address Book" feature, which cannot work without Outlook. NK2Edit can also be used to open, edit, and save NK2 files on remote computers in your network, as long as you have read/write permission to the remote NK2 file. Here are some key features of "NK2Edit":
· Easily modify or fix all information stored in the NK2 file, including the display name, the email address, the exchange string, the Drop-Down display name, and the search string.
· Easily remove unwanted single quote characters from the display name and from the Drop-Down list.
· Delete unwanted emails, as well as add new emails, by typing them manually, or by choosing them from the address book of Outlook.
· Copy NK2 records from one NK2 file to another - simply by copy and paste !
· Build a completely new NK2 file and add the desired emails into it, by typing them manually, by adding them from your address book, or by copying records from another NK2 file.
· Extract data from corrupted NK2 files that Outlook cannot read anymore and even fix them so Outlook will be able to read them again.
· Export all data stored in the NK2 file into a special Unicode text file in a stucture similar to .ini file of Windows. You can open it any text editor you like, make the changes you need, and then convert it back into NK2 file that Outlook can use.
· Export the emails information stored inside NK2 file into HTML/Text/csv/xml file.
· Copy the selected NK2 records in tab-delimited format and then paste the information into Excel.
· Change the order of the records in the NK2 file, which also affects the order they appear in the drop-down. You can also sort the list in alphabetical order of the Drop-Down display names. (However, be aware that Outlook change the order again when the user send emails)
· Command-Line Support: Write simple scripts that can add, remove, or modify records inside the NK2 file, without displaying any user interface.
· NK2Edit is completely free for personal use at your home and for using in any charity/non-profit organization.
· If you need to use NK2Edit in a company/business organization, you can freely try and evaluate the NK2Edit software for 14 days and verify that the software really works as you expect.
· If after the 14-days of evaluation you decide to continue using it, you have to purchase a commercial license according to the number of workstations with Outlook that NK2Edit is needed for opening or editing their NK2 file. What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added EXToSMTP action for the 'if' command, which allows you to convert EX (MS-Exchange) record into SMTP record. This action only works if the 'SMTP Address' field stores the correct SMTP address of the EX record.