Text editor with an easy-to-use interface
Editra is a text editor which has an implementation that focuses on creating an easy-to-use interface and features that aid in code development. Currently this application supports basic autocompletion and syntax highlighting for more than 60 languages.Highlighting color schemes can be customized through writting stylesheets to describe the theme you want the text to be highlighted in. In Editra, stylesheets can be written very easily by using the new built-in style editor which allows for on the fly testing and customization of the text controls styles, can export all settings to a style sheet in Editra Style Sheet format. Here are some key features of "Editra":
· Auto-Completion/Calltips (Python, Html, XML)
· Bidirectional Find/Replace w\Regular Expression Support
· Block (Un)Commenting
· Block (Un)Indenting
· Bracket Highlighting
· Builtin Plugin Downloader/Installer
· Clipboard Support (Copy/Paste/ect...)
· Code Folding
· Column Edit Mode
· Command Mode
· Dockable customizable interface
· Drag and Drop (tabs/file opening/text)
· Export to Html/LaTeX/Rtf
· Edit Remote Files (FtpEdit Plugin)
· Editable User Profiles
· Extensible with plugins
· File History
· File Management (FileBrowser Plugin)
· Highlight Style Editor
· Indentation Guides
· Integrated Python Shell (PyShell Plugin)
· Language Keyword Helper
· Line Bookmarking
· Line Edit Commands (Join, Transpose, ect...)
· Multilingual Interface
· Multiple Top Level Windows
· Multiple (synchronized) views of the same file
· Run Scripts (Launch Plugin)
· Session Saving
· Source Control Management (Project Plugin)
· Syntax Highlighting (60+ Languages)
· Tabbed Windows
· Themeable Icons
· Transparency Support
· Unicode Support
· Vi Keybinding Support
· Word Wrap
· Workspace View Management
· Zoom In/Out
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved Python autocompletion, better detect local variables, properties, and some minor performance improvements.
· Improved Python calltips. Calltips can now be shown more regularly and for more objects.
· Launch script for source installs is now a lower case 'editra'.
· Source install on Windows now overwrites launch script installed by wxPython for Editra to allow the separately installed version to be started.
· Expanded unittest suite to verify data in all bundled style sheets.
· Shelf window can now be maximized.
· Updated Launch to version 1.11 (bug fixes)
· Update CodeBrowser to version 1.3 (minor enhancements)
· Add LintError and LintWarning markers.
· Fix crash that could occur when loading old format style sheet
· Fix bug in threaded file load that could lead to modified marker being incorrectly shown on the tab for the file.
· Fix crash that could occur under rare case when closing an editor page.
· Fix bug in preferences where clicking...