A drag-and-drop FTP client to easily maintain your Website
What do you want in an FTP client? If your answer is "just the basics," you've come to the right place. CoffeeCup Free FTP gives you all the great FTP features you'd expect from CoffeeCup Software without all that extra stuff. Set up multiple server profiles, transfer files in binary, ASCII, or auto mode, and upload files by dragging and dropping them from your computer to your server!CoffeeCup Free FTP is an intuitive and easy-to-use FTP client software! It uploads and downloads files quickly and reliably, keeps your FTP server settings in one place, and allows you to pause or cancel transfers. Make CoffeeCup Free FTP your choice for a no-cost, highly effective tool to complement your Webmaster suite. Here are some key features of "CoffeeCup Free FTP":
Super-Simple, Super-Fast Uploads:
· Free FTP is designed to be powerful and user friendly. Connect to your server with the click of a button, and then upload or download files by dragging and dropping them to your server or computer. (For even more power and flexibility, check out Direct FTP.)
· Keep an eye on everything you do with the FTP Activity pane. This neatly ordered window gives you a clear overview of the status of your file uploads and downloads, making complicated FTP logs a thing of the past. It even lets you pause or cancel your file transfers. If an error occurs, it’s shown in a clean, readable way. This keeps the process of managing your site seamless and user friendly.
With Bookmarks, You’ll Never Lose Your Place:
· This feature is powerful and elegant; it’s the strong, silent type. You may not realize it yet, but once you start using it, you’ll wonder how you ever got by without it. Bookmarks let you save your place in a folder on your local computer, your server, or both.
Yep, both. Meet Combo Bookmarks:
· They act like normal bookmarks, except they let you save the local and remote folders, then call them both up simultaneously at any time. This works wonders for managing your files and folder — just jump right to them.
Edit Files Right on Your Server:
FTP, SFTP, FTPS, and More:
· You need a program that can handle all the different variations of FTP out there. With Free FTP, you now have a choice between an array of different protocols, including FTP, SFTP, FTPS, and their different methods of encryption. It can even handle HTTP.
Vital Info at a Glance:
· At the bottom of the Free FTP workspace is the handy, info-packed Statusbar. This area contains useful information about what’s going on in your FTP session. This keeps you on the ball whether you’re managing just a few files or hundreds of them.
· Forgot where you stored that important file? Free FTP hasn’t. It remembers where you’ve browsed in a session on your local computer and keeps your tracks neatly tucked away in a drop-down menu. Accessing a folder you’ve already been to is effortless. Click the drop-down menu, select the folder, and you’re there.
Easy File Management:
· Free FTP offers full-fledged local and remote file management, so you can add, move, and launch files all from inside the program. Everything works like you would expect: Double-click an executable file to launch it. Drag and drop files in and out of the local file browser, and they’ll be moved accordingly.
· It’s a fact: the more you have to type, the quicker you’ll wear out your keyboard and tire your hands, wrists, and fingers. Give your keyboard and hands some much-needed rest with Direct FTP’s code completion feature. Start typing any HTML tag or attribute in the built-in HTML editor, and Direct FTP will finish the code automatically. Talk about efficiency!
· Looking for a quick way to back up your Website? How does clicking a button sound? The Make ZIP Archive feature automatically creates a ZIP folder and saves it on your local computer. Just pick the files on your server that are most important to you, and with the click of a button, you can seamlessly back them up.
· Pentium 133
· 32MB RAM
· 200MB hard drive
· Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Ability to backup and restore server database
· Support for S-Drive with Free FTP
· Issue when deleting files and changing the column sort order causing wrong files to be deleted
· Issue with deleting files with unicode characters in the file name