Hard disk usage analysis utility for Windows
FolderSizes is a useful and powerful program which people everywhere are using to understand their hard disk space utilization. FolderSizes works by scanning a hard drive or folder of your choice and providing visual feedback on the results. FolderSizes generates detailed and graphical drive space usage reports on the fly, while it's scanning your system. You can drill into any subfolder with a double-click (in the detail list or the graph image), allowing you to quickly locate the source of excessive hard drive space consumption.FolderSizes goes far beyond the capabilities of competing solutions by combining several tools into one: · Disk Space Explorer - Awesome detail view, coupled with stunning graphical bar and pie graphs · Duplicate File Report - Quickly isolate and manage duplicate files within any folder or volume · Largest Files Report - FolderSizes can quickly show you which files are eating up the most space · Oldest Files Report - Use your own criteria to find old files that may no longer be needed · Temporary File Report - Eliminate temp file clutter left over from software installs, downloads, browsing, etc. · File Owners Report - Discover which users are consuming the most space on local and network drives · File Types & Attributes Reports - See the distribution of disk space by file type or attributes · Drive Space Monitor - Instant, at-a-glance view of any local, mapped, or removable disk · File Sizes, Names & Dates Reports - Powerful, customizable range-oriented file reports · Scan Filtering - Filter file system scans by filename, date, owner name, and more · Integrated Search - Search multiple paths by nearly any file criteria (including file owner) Here are some key features of "FolderSizes":
· Explore, visualize, and comprehend local and network storage
· Reclaim gigabytes of drive space by eliminating unused files
· Improve storage capacity planning capability
· Identify file system data best suited for archival / offline storage
· Find the disk space hogs with just a few clicks
· Manage and monitor disk space across the network
· Publish disk usage reports right to your web server share
· Streamline file systems to optimize backups
· Monitor and enforce storage retention policies
· Find excessively long file names that interfere with archival, backups, etc.
· Find recently saved files without knowing their names (find recently modified)
· Find files owned by a specific individual or group
· Reduce the presence of unwanted storage data, reducing risk & expense
· View the "size on disk" (actual space consumed) for any file or folder
· Visualize the distribution of files by file type, age, and size
· Find and remove empty folders
· Search files by nearly any file attribute combination
· Create actionable file and folder printouts and data exports
· Schedule the generation of nearly any FolderSizes report
· Native 32-bit and 64-bit system support
· Hierarchical folder map visualization (based upon treemap technology)
· Integrated scheduler
· Unicode file and folder name support
· Interactive, dynamic, full-color bar and pie graphs
· Fast, multi-threaded, network-aware file system scanning
· Isolate largest, oldest, duplicate, and temporary files
· View disk space utilization by file type / attributes
· View local & network disk space usage by owner / group
· Command line interface for scripting & integration
· FilterZip regular-expression based compression system
· See total & free space for fixed, removable, network drives
· Export reports in HTML, XML (Pro edition only), CSV, and more
· Integrates with the Windows shell context menu
· Extremely configurable - colors, fonts, print options, etc.
· Flexible, multi-path oriented search and file reporting systems
· Strong support for viewing allocated disk space (e.g. "size on disk")
· "Command Prompt from Here" in all context menus
· Super-fast, in-memory database provides stunning performance
· Support for direct entry of UNC network paths in all reports
· Optional symbolic link skipping
· Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 or later
· Pentium 250 Mhz or higher processor
· 64MB (or more) RAM
· 15 days trial
· Nag screen What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Feature: Added command line (and scheduler) support for sending reports via email (e.g. SMTP). See help file for details.
· Feature: Added the ability to export the scan data explorer window contents as a hierarchical HTML tree.
· Feature: Path navigation buttons residing in the Home tab of the ribbon bar have been moved down to the path toolbar to better reflect the relationship between these functions.
· Feature: A new ribbon bar group has been created for operating system functions exposed through FolderSizes.
· Feature: In various instances, the opening of exported file contents is now managed through a user prompt (which also confirms export success).
· Feature: Improved export toolbar button in search window now shows menu options for each export format.
· Feature: Updated color palettes for all graph views and improved rendering quality.
· Feature: Updated application ribbon bar layout and themes.
· Bug fix: Use of the path-specific refresh button when viewing the "My Computer...