Manage file and folder permissions in Windows XP Home like in XP Professional
File Security Manager will help you view, modify and set file and folder permissions (assign and change access rights), create, display and delete shared folders, take ownership of a file or folder even in Windows XP Home version which doesn't allow to disable simple file sharing and make available Security tab in Windows Explorer.The program provides with advanced access control functionality. It means the ability to grant different access permissions to individual resources (like files and folders) for different users of the system, local and network ones. For examle, a certain file can be permitted to be read by some user but not permitted to write to file.Using this software you can allow or deny access to file system objects and shares, lock or unlock files, folders and even entire drive using native Windows NTFS security interface and features. File Security Manager integrates itself into Windows Explorer and lets you assign permissions for files and folders quickly and easily.You can either follow the simpler way to doing this by using the Security Wizard (which provides useful presets). File Security Manager also provides the useful features of Secure file deletion (removal), which means the file you delete cannot be restored and Advanced file attributes editor, which can be used to assign any (even unavailable within Explorer) attributes.During all security tasks you perform you can use File Security Manager as a fast and simple file manager: e.g. copy, move files and folders. Here are some key features of "File Security Manager":
· Set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
· Easily display, create or delete shared folders.
· Set, view, change, or remove shares permissions.
· Take ownership of a file or folder.
· View effective permissions on files and folders.
· Secure Deletion of files and folders - this means that files and folders can be deleted permanently, without ability to recovery.
· Set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions on a network drives.
· Security Navigator which can be used as a very fast file browser. The Security Navigator is integrated into Windows Shell by default.
· Security Editor which can be used to Set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions, take ownership and view effective permissions.
· Security Wizard which helps you perform available security tasks. This Wizard simplifies your work with file and folder permissions and allows to see verbose information about secure deleting process.
· Easily set any file and folder attributes like "Hidden", "System", "Readonly", "Archive".
· Intel Pentium-class processor or i386-compatible
· 64 MB RAM Minimum (128 MB recommended)
· 2 MB Hard Disk Drive space available
· Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, (5.5, 6.0, 7.0) or later
· SVGA Display Adapter or higher
· NTFS file system formatted Hard Disk Drives
· To install and use the Software you must have the Administrator or similar privileges
· 15-day trial
· Cannot be launched more than 50 times What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Windows Vista/7 support and number of bugfixes