A complete file manager and Explorer replacement solution
A file manager is, at its simplest, a utility program which presents lists of files and allows the user to perform actions of some kind on those files. File managers are useful for moving files between folders, making backup copies of files, viewing pictures and playing sounds, running other utility programs on lists of files, deleting unwanted files and many other "housekeeping" tasks.Directory Opus goes beyond the simple file manager metaphor, and offers you a complete replacement for Windows Explorer and many other utility programs for handling FTP, ZIP, viewing files and images, running slideshows and more.It provides you with all this within a user-friendly and fully-configurable environment within which you can access and manage your important data with a minimum of effort. Harness the power of your computer like never before!Directory Opus is a useful, reliable and complete file manager and also an Explorer replacement solution. Here are some key features of "Directory Opus":
· Ease of use: As far as possible, Opus works just like Explorer does. You don't have to learn any complicated scripting or non-standard mouse techniques to use Opus. If you've ever used Explorer to copy a file, you already know exactly how to do it in Opus as well.
· Configurability: We believe in the user's right to choose how their computer operates. You'll find that almost every aspect of Opus can be changed - from the buttons on the toolbar to the color used to draw the background of a compressed file. Of course you don't have to configure anything if you don't want to - "out of the box" Opus provides a comprehensive set of commands that will let you perform most file management tasks without ever going near the configuration.
· Efficiency: Opus is designed to be as efficient as possible. The entire program makes use of multi-threading to ensure that you should never have to wait for one operation to complete before beginning another.
· Compatibility: As an Explorer Replacement it's important that Opus appears (to the system) just like Explorer does. Within the limits set by Microsoft, Opus achieves this and most software written with only Explorer in mind will still work fine with Opus installed.
· 30 days evaluation period What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Clicking files in Go FOLDERCONTENT menus now has the same effect as double-clicking them in the file display. (Previously it was usually the same but not always.)
· BOM now displayed in description field for .txt files irrespective of their Content Type.
· Text in replace dialog when copying folders out of ZIP files now wraps correctly.
· Fix for FTP connection timeouts on some servers that don't support OPTS MLST commands.
· Resetting the Preferences/Thumbnails page moved all the controls up each time.
· Improved 'Windows Search not installed' warning on XP machines that don't have WS installed.