Checks websites for updates and highlights all the changes
WebSite-Watcher is a very powerful software that will allow users to easily monitor their favorite websites for updates and changes with a minimum of time and online costs. When changes are detected WebSite-Watcher saves the last two versions of websites to your harddisk and highlight all changes in the text. Supports IE / Firefox / Opera Browser-Integration, Import and Export. Here are some key features of "WebSite-Watcher 2011":
Monitor web pages:
· Monitor web pages with a minimum of time. Why waste hours surfing the web, when WebSite-Watcher can do this job for you within a few minutes. Supports all kind of pages with textual content (HTML, ASP, PHP).
Monitor password protected pages:
· Logins to a password protected page can be recorded with the integrated Check-Macro feature. These macros are executed when WebSite-Watcher checks the bookmarks for updates.
· Efficient way to monitor forums for new topics and replies using forum templates. Works with all major forums including phpBB, SMF, vBulletin, IPB, etc.
· Website-Watcher converts RSS/Atom feeds into a readable format using a template system. So you can use the full power of WebSite-Watcher to detect new or changed RSS postings within a single tool and also monitor password protected RSS feeds behind a login.
· WebSite-Watcher offers a base functionality for reading and writing new newsgroup postings and answers. The newsgroups functionality can also be used with the keywords functionality to monitor postings for specified keywords.
Monitor binary files:
· Binary files (for example zip or exe files) can be monitored via the file date, the file size or via a small part of the content. That allows you to efficiently monitor large files without having to download them. Dependent from the server, WebSite-Watcher will choose the best checking method automatically.
Monitor local files:
· Monitor local files and directories and use the same powerful features as you do for web resources.
Powerful yet simple filter system:
· Powerful yet simple filters enhance your control, and allow you, for example, to ignore changing banners and adverts. Filters can be created automatically with the self learning Auto-Filter system, or manually with the filter wizard. Simple wildcard filters and regular expressions give you total control over the filtering mechanism, so you can exclude parts or only watch specific areas of a page; very useful for dynamically generated content or sites with extensive advertising).
· Highlight changes in pages that have been modified. No need to compare the old content with the new, when Website-Watcher can do this for you. See what you're looking for in seconds. Filtered content will not be highlighted, so you will not waste your time to look at stuff you are not interested in (for example advertising or a changing user counter).
Monitor pages for specified words:
· Looking for specific words within a website's pages? Or perhaps you're waiting for a certain word or phrase to appear? Website-Watcher can handle both tasks with ease. Only get an update notification when specified words are within new/changed content, furthermore WebSite-Watcher will highlight these words, so you see them within a second.
Monitor whole sites instead of single pages:
· The Follow-Links feature allows you to monitor complete websites instead of single web pages. Using this feature, hyperlinks in a page are inserted automatically as new bookmarks. You have control over the link depth or which URLs should be included or excluded.
· Monitor pages only after clicking the check button.
· Check pages automatically with the AutoWatch feature. You can define if and how often a bookmark should be checked when WebSite-Watcher is in AutoWatch mode
Automate checks and tasks with the integrated scripting language:
· A simple yet powerful scripting language lets you automate specific tasks. For example to check bookmarks, create a report and send the report by email without having to execute all these commands manually step by step.
Additional actions when updates are detected:
· For example to play an alternative sound, send emails or open the changed page with another program. You configure the software to work the way you want.
Work with checked pages (Searches, Reports, etc.):
· All monitored pages are saved to your hard drive. This allows you to quickly and simply open and view the monitored pages, search text in downloaded files and make reports... all without even having to be online.
Archive pages permanently:
· Keep the information you need by archiving pages with our tool Local Website Archive. This can be done automatically via the bookmark properties or manually on demand.
Synchronize bookmark files:
· Synchronize bookmarks between computers with the synchronize functionality.
Backup and Restore:
· The integrated Backup/Restore feature allows you to backup and restore your settings, bookmarks and downloaded files into/from a zip archive.
· 30 days trial
· Can create a single bookmark list
· Nag Screen What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Script: The command "CheckFolder" can check virtual folders
· Some features didn't work correctly when the option "Recheck bookmark when an error occurred" was disabled
· PDF plugin improved
· Various smaller improvements and fixes