Export and merge registry keys remotely from the central location on schedule
Remote Registry Merge is a visual tool for centralized exporting and modifying registry keys on remote PCs across the local network. You can use it to export registry keys or entire registry from multiple remote PCs and save exported information as a set of .reg files. For instance, you can rely on this application to verify a certain registry key on several remote computers. Instead of processing every PC individually using Regedit you can export registry keys from remote PCs in an automatic mode and then look for required registry keys in the created .reg files. The application also allows you to apply registry changes on network PCs remotely. In order to use this feature you need to have a .reg file with registry changes. Remote Registry Merge imports this file on a remote PCs in order to apply changes. Remote Registry Merge has a simple UI that guides you through required steps to export and merge registry data. By following the wizard you can configure registry keys to be exported or merged in scope of remote operation and select PCs to operate with. Remote Registry Merge can automatically scan network to detect available PCs in the Active Directory and Workgroups, so you can select target PCs easily. When remote operation is configured you can launch it immediately, save it as a task for quick execution at any time or schedule it for an automatic execution on schedule. Scheduled registry merge and export tasks are automatically executed by the application on the defined date and time. You can configure any task for a one-time or recurrent execution. All scheduled tasks are displayed on the calendar view that is similar to Microsoft Outlook calendar, so you can check execution results for any task and manage it easily. Here are some key features of "EMCO Remote Registry Merge":
Export/Merge Registry Settings Remotely:
· Application allows you to export registry data from remote PCs and import (merge) registry changes remotely. Exported data can be stored separately for every PC as a .reg file. You can export selected keys or entire registry. To update registry on remote PCs, you can run merge operation that applies content of specified .reg file to the registry.
Centralized Registry Management:
· Application provides you with ability to manage registry remotely across the local network from the central location. You can not only get information about registry settings and update them on network PCs remotely, but also execute registry operations on multiple PCs at once, for example, to apply registry changes to all PCs across the network.
Reusable Export/Merge Tasks:
· In order to execute export or merge operation you have to define a list of PCs where this operation will be executed, and operation options, such as set of registry keys to export or path to merged file. If you need to repeat operation multiple times, you can create a task with preconfigured options and then launch it with just one click.
Running Export/Merge Tasks on Schedule:
· Remote export and merge operations can be initiated manually or scheduled for an automatic execution. Application has advanced scheduler, that supports export and merge tasks, configured for one-time execution at a defined date/time, and for recurrent execution. You can manage scheduled tasks though intuitive visual interface.
Workgroups and Domains Support:
· Application can be used in complex enterprise network configuration. If you have domain, workgroup or even mixed environment, you can run registry export and merge operations successfully. In case of problems with access to registry on remote PCs you can rely on advanced log information, that can help you to troubleshoot network configuration issues.
Using Alternate Credentials:
· You can execute registry export and merge operation on multiple network PCs at once, even if they have different administrative credentials. Application provides an option to configure different credentials to access different groups and computers. You can use this feature to access PCs in both workgroups and domains.
· 1 GHz Intel Pentium processor or equivalent
· 512MB of RAM
· 250MB of free disk space
· Administrative rights on the local computer
· Local or Domain administrator rights on remote computers
· Ability to ping remote computers within 1500 ms
· Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (3.5 SP1 recommended)
· Nag screen
· 30 days trial
· 25 nodes only What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Network machines export/import:
· The application network environment can be exported and imported to/from CVS or XML files. It allows to backup and restore configuration instead of network scanning and also to share configuration between multiple application instances. Using wizard you can configure import/export format and set of data that should be imported or exported.
Application log export:
· The application log, that includes information about all performed operations and all registered errors can be exported as CSV or XML file. The Export Log Wizard allows to configure export format according with your preferences and your needs.
Extended alternate credentials format:
· The format, used to specify account on the Alternate Credentials pane, was extended to allow specifying account name as a username followed by the ampersand symbol and a full qualified domain name.
New and improved features:
· Improved support for custom DPI settings
· Optimized system memory usage