SQL database searcher
GatherBird SQLGrep is an application that allows the user to thoroughly search a SQL database for any number, string or date.Accomplish your searches without knowing SQL and without knowledge of the tables, columns, or structure of the database. Great for finding sub strings, misplaced data, and more. GatherBird SQLGrep supports wildcard and case in-sensitive strings searches. GatherBird SQLGrep uses ODBC data sources (DNS) names and is compatible any ODBC compliant platform including Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, IBM Informix, IBM DB2, Oracle, and Sybase. Requirements:
· 2 megabytes of free space
· 45-day trial What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· SQLGrep now can connect to database using an ODBC name or a connection string.
· More options have been added that allow you to to narrow down searches to specific column names which can greatly increase the search speed in large databases.
· SQLGrep can now search table and column names separately from searching for data in the database.
· Bug Fix: Some ODBC drivers handle large data differently. The search code in SQLGrep has been improved to prevent memory overwrites for some databases like Informix and probably others.