A straightforward sound recorder
Free Audio Recorder is an easy-to-use yet powerful sound recorder. It allows you to record your microphone or line-in input.It supports multiple sound input devices, audio/ video files playback, CD player, line in, microphone, internet radio, even the obsolete tape/VHS cassette or anything else. It allows you to save your recordings as WAV, MP3, WMA and OGG files. Here are some key features of "Free Audio Recorder":
· CD quality audio recording.
· Extremely resource friendly, CPU usage is below 1% on some new computers.
· It uses latest Lame MP3 encoder
· On-the-fly recording, no temporary file generated.
· Intuitive output file management.
· Diagnose and print detailed sound device info.
Supports majority of modern sound cards:
· multi channel/professional/external USB sound cards.
· Supports several sound cards on the same system.
· All events are logged for future diagnosis.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Uptodate encoder: Lame 3.98.4, libOgg 1.2.0, libVorbis 1.3.1.
· Fixed a MP3 encoding bug.
Reasons why this program is marked as ad-supported:
· Offers to install RelevantKnowledge that the program does not require to fully function