Graphical XSD and XML Editor
Liquid XML Studio features an included graphical xml schema designer that massively simplifies authoring and navigating complex XSD's.The graphical XSD editor provides a logical view over your XSD schema, presenting a model that is simple to understand, without losing the ability to control the complexities of the W3C's XML Schema standard. Here are some key features of "Liquid XML Studio Developer Edition":
XML Schema Editor:
· A graphical XSD editor, allowing you to visualize and edit your schemas. The editor provides an abstracted view of the XSD making it simple to understand your data. Context sensitive properties make using the more advanced features of the XSD standard simple, while drag and drop, cut & paste, and multi step undo functionality makes editing your schema simple and intuitive.
XML Data Binding Code Generator:
· 'XML Data Binding' involves the creation of a class library from an XML schema (XSD). Liquid XML Data Binder uses its code generator engine to generate a class libraries specifically for use with your XML data allowing XML documents to be manipulated programmatically, in a simple, intuitive way. This allows you to deal with strongly typed, named, properties and classes instead of generic XML nodes, reducing the amount of coding needed, increasing productivity and reliability, and reducing development costs.
· Liquid XML Data Binder is the most comprehensive XML Data Binding Code Generator tool available. With Support for all major development languages, hardware environments, and schema standards.
· Using Liquid XML within your software development project will radically simplify your interaction with XML documents, increasing reliability, reducing development time, and testing effort. Simply put it bridges the gap between your development language (C++, C#, Java, VB6, Vb.Net) and XML. Once you try it you'll never go back to a basic DOM or SAX parser.
· The WSDL editor abstracts much of the complexity of the WSDL standard, presenting the structure of the WSDL without showing the unnecessary complexity. This provides a view that makes understanding and editing the your WSDL document simple. Access to the full range of related facets is availible via the properties window and the WSDL can be edited directly within the Source view.
· A graphical XML Editor to allow intuitive editing of xml data in a tree and tabular grid. Syntax highlighted XML Editor, providing validation against the XML standard or an XSD schema. Auto complete, and intellisense are based on an external XML Schema. XSD Schemas can also be inferred from an existing XML document.
Microsoft Visual Studio Integration (2005, 2008, 2010):
Provides seamless integration of Liquid XML Studio within Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010. Integrated features include:
Graphical XML Schema (XSD)Editor:
· XPath Expression Builder
· Web Service Browser Web Method Invocation
· Infer XSD From XML
· Generate Sample XML From XSD
· Generate HTML Docs From XSD
Web Service Test Client:
· Makes it simple to explore the functions exposed by a web service. Individual web methods can then be called though the UI, which will automatically generate the XML required for the chosen method.
XPath Expression Builder:
· Highlights the results of your XPath query in real time against any XML document. Intellisense XPath expression builder. Code samples are provided for mainstream languages (C#, java etc).
HTML Documentation Generation:
· Generate HTML documentation from an XML Schema. The documentation contains indexes, search, diagrams (hot spots to link to child entities), XSD source code, textual description of its properties, all within collapsible sections so irrelevant information can be easily ignored. The documentation can be generated as HTML pages or as an ASP.Net source.
· The documentation templates can be modified making it possible to customize the output. See Sample Site.
XSLT Editor & Debugger:
· Liquid XML Studio includes a powerful XSLT Debugger that makes it possible to step through an XSLT stylesheet. The XSLT engines available are the Saxon HE engine and the Microsoft .Net XSLT engine. Using the debugger it is possible to set breakpoints within the XSLT source. When the execution gets to these break points the execution is paused and the environment can be examined. The call stack, local variables and current context are shown when the debugger is paused. It is also possible to set up watch expressions.
· The XSLT editor also supports intellisense, validation, auto complete, outlining (code folding) and may other features making it quicker and easier to author XSLT stylesheets.
XQuery Editor & Debugger:
· Liquid XML Studio includes a powerful XQuery Debugger that makes it possible to step through an XQuery module or library fie. Using the debugger it is possible to set breakpoints within the XQuery source. When the execution gets to these break points the, its paused and the environment can be examined. The call stack, local variables and current context are shown when the debugger is paused. It is also possible to set up watch expressions.
· The XQuery editor also supports intellisense, validation, auto complete and may other features making it quicker and easier to author XQuery expressions.
Large File Editor:
· The Liquid Large file editor makes it possible to open and edit extremely large file (> 4GB). Files are opened instantly regardless of the size, and the memory footprint for the application is tiny. Changes to the document are also instant, so no delays while you type. The editor also supports extremely long lines, so unformatted XML files are no problems. This is a great tool for examining and correcting huge files, data feeds, log files etc.
XML Diff - Compare XML Files:
· XmlDiff is Liquid Technologies XML differencing tool, enabling users to quickly compare 2 XML files.
· A host of XML aware options allow you to filter out the changes that are not of interest (i.e. whitespace, comments, processor directives etc).
· .Net Framework
· 30 days trial What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
XSLT Editor and Debugger:
· New powerful XSLT Debugger that makes it possible to step through an XSLT stylesheet
· Support for XSLT 1.0 and XSLT 2.0 W3C standards
XQuery Editor and Debugger Designer:
· New powerful XQuery Debugger that makes it possible to step through an XQuery module or library file
· Support for the XQuery 1.0 W3C standard
XML Schema Documentation Generator Designer:
· New generation of HTML or Asp.Net web site documentation from an XML Schema (XSD) with searchable index
· New customizable template based documentation generation using XSLT templates
Large File Editor:
· New Liquid Large file editor makes it possible to open and edit extremely large file (> 4GB)
· Data Binding /Code Generation Developer New Silverlight 3 and Silverlight 4 Liquid Runtimes
· New Apple Mac OS X C++ Liquid Runtime
· Enhanced Documentation Window to support embedded XML
· Enhanced Global Component Navigator with search facility
· Resolved Tooltip issues