An all-in-one Internet Application Suite
The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to deliver production-quality releases of code derived from the application formerly known as "Mozilla Application Suite". Whereas the main focus of the Mozilla Foundation is on Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird, our group of dedicated volunteers works to ensure that you can have "everything but the kitchen sink" and have it stable enough for corporate use. SeaMonkey - Web-browser, IRC chat client, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client and HTML editing made simple - all your Internet needs in one application brought to you by Mozilla. Here are some key features of "SeaMonkey":
· Tabbed browsing gives you a better way to surf the net. You no longer have to open one page at a time. With tabbed browsing, open several pages at once with one click. Plus, your homepage can be multiple pages, in tabs. And if you mistakenly close a tab or window, functionality to Undo Closed Tab or Window helps you bring it back to continue working with it.
· SeaMonkey's powerful Add-ons Management provides almost infinite possibilies to extend your Internet experience both through installing additional functionality created by others and even freely developing your own extensions and providing them to the rest of the SeaMonkey community.
· Feed detection notifies you when web pages offer RSS or Atom feeds, and feed preview lets you view their contents and choose a reader with which to subscribe to those - including an internal reader in the Mail & Newsgroups component of SeaMonkey.
· Smart Location Bar enables you to search your visited web pages right when typing in the browser's location bar and finding what you want to re-visited as fast as possible by learning which pages you visit frequently.
· Popup blocker lets you surf the web without interruption from annoying ads.
· Image Manager lets you block images to remove offensive images or speed up the rendering of web sites.
· Find as you type gives you another way to navigate a page. Just start typing to jump from link to link or to find a word or phrase within a page.
· Session restore brings back all your open windows and tabs after the rare occasion that SeaMonkey crashes - and if you wish even when you close and reopen the browser or restart your computer.
· Plus all the features a modern browser should have including: Advanced security settings; Password, Download, and Cookie managers; Web form autocompletion; Themes; toolbar customization; multi-language and multi-platform support; and the latest in Web Standards.
Mail & Newsgroups:
· Tabbed Mail lets you manage your mail and folders in parallel, without losing control of where you're at when reading, replying to and working with messages in more complex patterns.
· Junk mail controls help you take back control of your e-mail from spammers. SeaMonkey's adaptive junk mail control gets smarter with use and is personalized to the e-mail that you receive.
· Manage your mail with customizable Tags and Mail Views. Color code your e-mail to help you prioritize. Sort your mail with views to help you through your e-mail much faster.
· Multiple Accounts support helps you manage all your mail through one interface.
· Feeds and Blogs is a reader for RSS and Atom feeds right in your messaging center that eases your reading of information from all across the web.
· SeaMonkey Mail & Newsgroups includes Enterprise ready features such as S/MIME, return receipts, Address Books, LDAP support, and digital signing.
· SeaMonkey's powerful yet simple HTML editor keeps getting better with dynamic image and table resizing, quick insert and delete of table cells, improved CSS support, and support for positioned layers. For all your documents and website projects, Composer is all you need.
IRC Chat ("ChatZilla"):
· Chat on IRC networks with this simple yet powerful IRC client. Multiple networks and channels are easy to keep track of in a familiar tabbed interface.
· You can change the look and feel of the chat with motifs; choose from several built-in motifs, many more downloadable, or create your own with CSS.
Web Development Tools:
· Pentium 233 MHz (Recommended: Pentium 500MHz or greater)
· 128 MB RAM
· 50 MB of free hard drive space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Sync (f.k.a. Weave) is now included directly in SeaMonkey. Sync allows you to keep your browsing history, passwords, bookmarks, preferences and tabs in sync across different devices (computers) in a secure way.
· SeaMonkey windows can now be themed with Personas (lightweight themes).
· The bookmarks system has been reworked to use the Places framework shared with Firefox (already used for history data in SeaMonkey 2.0), including a new Bookmark Manager and fast bookmarking button in the location bar.
· Find in Page now works with a toolbar instead of a modal window.
· OpenSearch plugins are now supported and the default for web search.
· An optional search bar (including suggestions if the search engine supports it) is available in browser toolbar customization, and an engine manager for OpenSearch is available.
· More toolbar widgets are now customizable.
· The new Add-ons Manager opens directly in the browser now and has received a major facelift.
· The new Data Manager now unifies cookie,...