An integrated management environment for test cases and their requirements
One of the most important elements in today's software development life cycle is a well organized test phase. Anyone who has used computers for any length of time can testify to the amount of poorly tested software generally available today.Anyone who has worked in the software industry, particularly in quality assurance, verification or testing, knows only too well the pitfalls that accompany a poorly managed test phase. TestLog offers an integrated management environment in which you will create and manage, not just your test cases, but your entire test plan.TestLogs offers a structured approach to the testing process, yet remains versatile enough to fit into any existing methodology. TestLog uses a lightweight XML database, which makes installation and configuration a matter of a few clicks.TestLog's inline reports quickly generate statistics, which show the progress of your project and estimate if the project is still keeping to the schedule. Requirements management is often an enormous headache in a test environment. All too often a key employee, or a necessary piece of equipment isn't available.TestLog will provide you with features which allow various test requirements to be assigned to individual test cases, so you know exactly who and what are needed when. Testlog also provides ways of exporting data to .csv, for use with any program able to import .csv files, and .html format for viewing on the web. Here are some key features of "TestLog":
· Helps manage the development life cycle.
· Promotes the reusability of test cases.
· Provides an effective means of test case requirements management..
· Increases efficiency and reduces project cost overruns.
· Easy to manage XML database.
· Provides a structured approach to the testing process.
· Allows import of existing test case databases from CSV files.
· Allows both manual and automated test cases to be documented.
· Provides export functionality to CSV and HTML format
· 32MB RAM
· 10MB Disk space
· Pentium CPU or higher
· Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher
· IIS or Apache for web access (CGI) module
· 90 days trial
· Nag screen What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a bug with the insert new test case option where a case sensitive comparison was being used which could prevent the test case being inserted
· Fixed a bug where if a list report could not be created due to all results being filtered out a blank report could be created
· Fixed a bug in the HTML editor where it could open in a mode that did not allow text to be edited in Windows 7
· Fixed a bug in the CGI version where viewing large test suites could cause a crash
· Added select all (ctrl-a) handling for some single line text fields that would not process the command automatically