Allows printing to paper or PDF without printing twice
pdfFactory is a printer driver. This means you must print to it from your application, just as you would with any other printer. Since most applications usually include a Print dialog box that can be found in the File menu, you will be able to easily use pdfFactory.With hundreds of thousands of server based installations, pdfFactory SE is a proven solution for enabling PDF creation and efficient printing to any number of users in an organization. Here are some key features of "pdfFactory Server Edition":
· Centralized Installation: Install SE on a Windows server, and any user can install by connecting to a shared printer. Admin access to the workstation is not required with SE.
· Centralized Updates: When a new version of SE is installed on the server, client users are automatically updated to the new version.
· Network Client Support: SE supports clients running Windows including laptops and Terminal Server/Citrix clients.
· Shared configuration: Common settings can be placed on the server for propagation to workstations. For example, PDF security parameters or letterheads saved on the server will be copied to workstations or thin clients.
· License management: SE ensures license compliance and allows monitoring and control of license usage on a single server or a group of connected servers.
· Watermark on the output files What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· using the "Send" button to send email using Outlook 2007 or 2010 no longer causes a Security dialog to be presented
· fixed problems with printing double-sided to a physical printer
· when autosave is disabled, pdfFactory now offers the option of presenting a Yes/No/Cancel dialog when the main window is closed. Yes ==> Save As No ==> close the window Cancel ==> leave the window up to use this feature, just set "Ask before saving if file is larger than 0 MB", then disable autosave.
· fixed problems with the "Save settings on close" setting
· installing pdfFactory 4 onto a system where pdfFactory 3 is installed no longer breaks the pdfFactory 3 uninstaller
· the Add/Remove Programs entry for pdfFactory now shows the version number and date of installation
· fixed a DLL error that happened when printing from some 32-bit applications under 64-bit Windows
· fixed a bug where sometimes Setup did not create the pdfFactory printer
· fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when multiple characters were deleted...