Wipe useless files and maintain your computer privacy
R-Wipe & Clean was developed to be a complete R-Tools solution to wipe useless files and maintain your computer privacy. It irretrievably deletes private records of your online and off-line activities, such as temporary Internet files, history, cookies, autocomplete forms and passwords, swap files, recently opened documents lists, Explorer MRU (most recently used) lists, temporary files, and traces from more than 300 third-party applications, thus freeing up your disk space. The utility wipes files and unused disk space using either fast or secure-erase algorithms. All files and folders may be entered in wipe lists to erase them in a single procedure. Supports both the FAT and NTFS file systems. You can combine separate wiping and cleaning tasks and launch them to begin erasing immediately or set them to begin erasing procedures as a background task at predefined times or events. Here are some key features of "R-Wipe & Clean":
· Total Computer Cleaning
· Verify beforehand the data selected for irretrievable wiping.
· Wipe and delete temporary Internet files.
· Wipe and delete "cookies," small files that Web sites store on your computers for identification purposes. Your favorite cookies may be safely kept.
· Wipe and delete Flash cookies, small files that Web sites create on your computer.
· Wipe and delete Java and Microsoft VM logs.
· Clean autocomplete forms for log-ins, user names, passwords, and other personal information entered at Web sites and keywords entered on search engines.
· Clean "history," the list of visited Web sites.
· Clean the list of recently opened documents.
· Clean the list of opened file history.
· Clean Windows clipboard content.
· Wipe and delete temporary files created by Windows and other programs.
· Clean system Registry traces, such as the run list, search results, mapped network drives, attached peripheral devices, and the last opened Registry key.
· Clean "MFUs," which are lists of most frequently used programs, Start Menu links and icons, Control Panel items, Web pages saved as Favorites, and Internet Explorer buttons.
· Wipe .dat files (even locked) to remove any leftovers after incorrect Windows shutdowns.
· Wipe and delete off-line content.
· Clean activity traces from more than 300 third-party applications, including Microsoft Office and other standard Windows apps, as well as numerous other popular programs. Installed applications are detected automatically.
· Create customized wipe lists to clean activity traces from any application that R-Wipe & Clean currently does not support. Such wipe lists may include application working and temporary folders and files, and Registry keys.
· Wipe Windows swap files.
· Wipe and delete invalid desktop shortcuts, ones that are on your desktop but are not linked to any existing objects.
· Clean Windows Event Logs
· Wipe Windows built-in firewall logs.
· Clean links to recent network folders.
· Wipe auxiliary temporary files, such as set-up temporary and log files, memory dump files, and old Check Disk files.
· Wipe and delete Prefetch traces.
· Wipe and delete defragmentation lists.
· Clean stored Explorer view settings.
· Clean stored application descriptions.
· Wipe and delete cached icons and fonts.
· Clean various logs of Windows' update system.
· Wipe and delete WMI, diagnostics, and security management logs.
· Clean stored network passwords.
· Clean cached shell extensions.
· Clean stored addresses of unread mail.
· Clean stored FTP folders.
· Clean stored Start Menu order.
· Clean stored cached wallpapers.
· R-Wipe & Clean wipes all files to ensure their total unrecoverable elimination.
· FAT and NTFS file systems support.
· Wipes files using several selectable fast or strong erase algorithms, including DoD-approved. Files can be wiped directly from Windows Explorer.
· Saves predefined wipe lists of files and folders to be wiped through a single task. Files or folders can be added to a current wipe list directly from Windows Explorer.
· Wipes files' alternate data streams.
· Wipes cluster "tips," or free parts of file clusters.
· FAT and NTFS file systems support.
· Wipes unused disk space using several selectable fast or strong erase algorithms, including DoD-approved.
· Wipes unused space on a single disk directly from the R-Wipe & Clean tab in the disk Properties menu.
· Wipes unused space of several disks through one single wipe task.
· Wipes records of small files stored directly in the NTFS Master File Table.
· You may combine all cleaning and wiping tasks in different erasing procedures launched manually or at scheduled times or events (user log-on/log-off, system start-up/shutdown, closing any or all browsers, etc.)
· A cleaning and wiping task may be started from a command line.
· When a schedule is set, the erasing procedure starts automatically as a background task.
· Scheduler can turn your computer off when the erasing procedure is completed.
Additional Useful Features:
· Detailed representation of all records of on- and off-line activity on your computer.
· The Boss Key for emergency Web-browser closing.
· Ultimate pop-up blocker.
· Stealth mode.
· Customizable system integration: Most wipe and delete operations can be performed directly from Windows.
· Password protection.
· Standby/hibernate control: Your computer will not hibernate until R-Wipe & Clean finishes its long job.
· Customization, so that only necessary items are visible in R-Wipe & Clean.
· Start-up rename manager, to rename any file/folder locked by a program or system itself. Also displays and allows you to edit the list of files/folders that will be renamed by other programs during the next start-up.
· Internet Explorer.
· The administrative privileges under WinNT/2000/2003/XP/Vista are required during installation to install R-Wipe & Clean's Windows Explorer shell extensions.
· Nag screen
· 15 days trial What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New items are added into the Internet (IE) section: Browser Extensions Using Statistics, Advanced Searchbar Search History, LinkedIn Toolbar Traces (with the Search History and Cache Files items), MySpace Toolbar Traces (with the Cached Images and Logs items).
· The Indexing Service Catalogs item is added to into the System section on Windows 2000, XP and Server 2003.
· The Problem Reports item is added to into the System and user sections on Windows Vista, Server 2008 and Windows 7.
· New applications are added into the Application Traces section.