A Tool for Powering Up PCs Remotely
EMCO WakeOnLan Professional is an advanced Wake-on-LAN utility, that is ready to work in networks of any scale, to power up just one or any number of remote PCs with one mouse click. No manual work is required to wake up PCs.The application automatically detects MAC addresses using four different methods and send WOL packets to one or multiple PCs - you only need to select them. Professional version also allows to create reusable WOL tasks and schedule them for an automatic execution.Get EMCO WakeOnLan Professional and give it a try to see what it can actually do for you! Here are some key features of "EMCO WakeOnLan Professional":
Wake Up Multiple PCs Simultaneously:
· Application allows you to power on one or multiple remote PCs at once. In case waking up multiple PCs, the application sends multiple Wake-on-LAN packets in parallel, to reduce time required to contact all required PCs. To prevent power peaks in your electrical network, you can specify a number of WOL packets that can be sent every second.
Automatic MAC Address Detection:
· You don't need to specify MAC address for every PC to wake it up. It is detected automatically by the application using Neighbor Discovery, NetBIOS, WinAPI and WMI methods that allow to detect MAC addresses even in complex network environments. Collected MAC addresses are saved to the DB to avoid time-consuming detection on every WOL operation.
Advanced WOL Settings:
· Depending on your network configuration you can use different methods of WOL packet transmission. In particular you can use any of unicast, directed broadcast, local subnet or Internet transmission methods or all of them at the same time to ensure that WOL packet will be delivered. Also you can specify custom remote UDP port, if required.
WOL for Complex Networks:
· Application can work in workgroup and domain environment to detect available PCs in the network. To configure target for WOL operation you can select PCs from the list of detected. It is much simpler then manual PCs specification. You can use an option to configure different credentials to access different network groups and computers.
Preconfigured Wake-on-LAN Tasks:
· In the Professional version of the application you can create Wake-on-LAN tasks that include custom WOL settings (WOL packet transmission method and port) and a list of remote PCs that should be powered on. Having such task you can initiate WOL operation with defined settings on defined set of PCs with one click. You can create as many tasks, as you need.
Wake-on-LAN Tasks Scheduling:
· Using Professional version of the application you can completely automate Wake-on-LAN operations for entire organization. It allows you to create WOL tasks with list of PCs and settings and schedule them for one-time execution at a defined date/time, and for recurrent execution. You can manage scheduled tasks though intuitive visual interface.
· 1 GHz Intel Pentium processor or equivalent
· 512MB of RAM
· 250MB of free disk space
· Administrative rights on the local computer
· Local or Domain administrator rights on remote computers
· Ability to ping remote computers within 1500 ms
· Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (3.5 SP1 recommended)
· 30 days trial
· 25 nodes limit What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Network machines export/import:
· The application network environment can be exported and imported to/from CVS or XML files. It allows to backup and restore configuration instead of network scanning and also to share configuration between multiple application instances. Using wizard you can configure import/export format and set of data that should be imported or exported.
Application log export:
· The application log, that includes information about all performed operations and all registered errors can be exported as CSV or XML file. The Export Log Wizard allows to configure export format according with your preferences and your needs.
Extended alternate credentials format:
· The format, used to specify account on the Alternate Credentials pane, was extended to allow specifying account name as a username followed by the ampersand symbol and a full qualified domain name.
New and improved features:
· Improved support for custom DPI settings
· Optimized system memory usage