Music / audio player
My main audio player for many years has been, and will remain, foobar, but there are some times when I just want a simple "load'n'play" type of player. An application that comes very close is Billy. It's a fantastic little app that fits in with my preferences in software design i.e. standard controls, no skins, etc. However, it only supports MP3, WAV, OGG, & FLAC and it also doesn't display or use tags. Unfortunately, my audio collection comprises many more formats than that and I tag files like a man possessed. So, with that in mind, I've always wanted to write my own simple player. The Trout application was developed to be an easy to use music / audio player. Here are some key features of "Trout":
· Supported audio formats (standard): AIFF, AIF, AIFC, MP1, MP2, MP3, OGA, OGG, WAV, MO3, XM, MOD, S3M, IT, MTM.
· Supported audio formats (w/ plugins): FLAC, WMA, WMP, WMV, ASF, MID, MIDI, RMI, KAR, WV, WVC, AAC, MP4, M4A, M4B, M4P, APE, AC3, SPX, TTA, OFR, MPC, ALAC.
· Basic freeDB support for audio CD track titles.
· Support for internet radio streams.
· Supported tag formats: ID3v1, ID3v2.2/3/4, OGG/FLAC Vorbis comments, WMA, APEv2, MP4/ALAC/AAC (not available under 9x/ME)
· WinampAPI support for external control and display.
· Commandline parameters for external control (/play, /stop, /prev, /next, & /mute).
· Extremely customizable hotkey system.
· Track announcements (ideal for audiobooks)
· Basic album art support (folder.jpg)
· Horizontal/vertical "minibar" controls.
· Toaster style popup.
· Play modes (Play file, play list, repeat file, repeat list, random, shuffle).
· Simple tag editing (not available under 9x/ME).
· last.fm support.
· Lyrics window (Lyrics from LyricWiki.org)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added a simple, left/right channel level meter. You can disable it via the Options, General tab.
· Added ability to completely disable/hide the album art display. Options, General tab.
· Added sorting arrows to the listview headers courtesy of Solar's function