This application easily hides, protects, and encrypts your important data
Universal Shield by Everstrike Software is the ultimate protection utility for your computer - hide files, folders, and drives, and set access rules using flexible security combinations for your most precious data.A unique feature of Universal Shield is the perfect combination of data hiding and encrypting. This feature is very important nowadays when everybody knows that information is money, and information security and protection is very important.The program has been especially designed to be the most flexible security tool on the market, suitable both for home use and in corporate environments.Universal Shield features include hiding files, folders, and drives on a local computer from local users, including administrators; setting access rights for particular files and disks; and preventing the deletion of specific files. Password-protect your data, program start-up, or program uninstall.Secure your data not only from local users, but network and Internet users as well. Use hotkeys to show and hide folders without actually running the program. Or, run the program in Stealth mode so that other users do not know about it. Set trusted processes, which will not be under protection; for example, some program will work with the hidden data, but users are unable to access that data.The new Universal Shield includes a variety of new features. Data encryption is processed with the help of nine algorithms. A variety of security tricks is available as well - you can prohibit access to folders like My Documents, Favorites, and History, as well as restrict access to the Control Panel, or prevent desktop and date/time adjustment.The new version also contains a wizard, which includes an option of restricting personal folders and settings, as well as files/folders/drives protection, a hiding expert, and a data encryption master. Here are some key features of "Universal Shield":
· Ability to hide files, folders, or drives from all other users (including the administrator).
· Encrypts files and folders.
· A mask that allows you to hide file groups (for example, c:\*.doc).
· Ability to set permissions (Read, Write, Visibility, Delete) for any files, folders, and drives. For example, you can make your files Read Only and make it impossible to delete them.
· An access lock on your private folders and settings (My Documents, Favorites, Control Panel, Internet History, and so forth).
· A protection wizard.
· Password protection for files, folders, and drives.
· Unlimited number of objects to protect.
· Access restrictions on your data against local network users as well as Internet users.
· Password-protected start of Universal Shield.
· Password-protected uninstall of Universal Shield.
· Use of hot keys to start Universal Shield and to change the protection mode from other Windows applications.
· Trusted processes that allow you to specify the process that can override the protection.
· Stealth Mode that allows you to hide the program from other people.
· Ability to lock your Windows desktop so that users cannot delete, add, or modify the shortcuts and icons on your desktop.
· Adds files and folders via an Explorer menu command.
· Enables protection automatically if the computer has been idle.
· Protects files and folders even in Windows Safe Mode.
· High-level protection.
· High performance rates.
· Multilingual interface.
· Support of FAT, FAT32, and NTFS systems.
· 30-day limit
· Nag screen that appears during work sessions What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Protection of removable drives.
· Trusted processes support long names
· Performance fixes
· Fixed an issue with the Windows Explorer 64bit context menu
· Fixed registration issues