Log Monitoring and Log Consolidation Software Tool
The Corner Bowl Log Manager application was designed to be a network-wide log monitoring, consolidation, auditing and reporting tool enabling System Administrators to proactively monitor their networks while satisfying regulatory agency auditing requirements. Here are some key features of "Corner Bowl Log Manager":
Monitor logs in real-time or per user defined schedule:
· Create and assign simple or complex regular expression filters
· Fire multiple types of alerts or actions
· Consolidate Event Logs, syslogs, and text logs
· Automatically truncate and archive consolidated logs
· Schedule detailed reports
· Merge multiple log files into a single view
· View large log files quickly with minimal system resources
· Automatically configure new computers
· Single installation monitors entire network
· No installation required on managed computers
Event Log Management:
· The Windows operating system and many 3rd party Windows Services and applications use the Windows Event Log system to log informational, warning, and error information used by Systems Administrators to help identify application errors. Corner Bowl Log Manager monitors (real-time or scheduled), consolidates and archives Event Logs to SQL Server, MySQL or the file system.
· Corner Bowl Log Manager includes a self-contained syslog server that can be used to collect, monitor and consolidate syslog messages from both computers and devices such as network routers and firewalls.
Text Log Management:
· Corner Bowl Log Manager supports both delimited and non-delimited text log files. Delimited files follow a specific format enabling programmatic parsing over multiple lines.
· Many applications create log files using a date driven naming mechanism. Corner Bowl Log Manager enables you to monitor files within a directory that match user defined file name masks such as .txt and *.log. When a new file is detected, the service automatically starts monitoring the file contents.
· Powerful filtering searches through consolidated logs allowing you to pinpoint log entries of interest or remove noise. Both simple and complex regular expression filters are offered. Selectively flag and add notes to log entries of interest.
· Many regulatory agencies require organizations to archive critical logs for future reference. Corner Bowl Log Manager will archive your logs in their entirety or as a sub-set to a central SQL Server or MySQL database as well as to CSV, EVT, HTML, TXT, and XML files.
Alerts, Notifications, and Actions:
· Corner Bowl Log Manager supports several different alerts and actions when key log entries are detected. Trigger actions such as sending a fully customizable email, exporting to a file, displaying a message box, playing a sound, writing key log entries to a user defined database table, forwarding key log entries to log consolidation hardware via syslog, displaying a system tray popup message or sending a SMS notification through an email-to-SMS gateway or service.
· Generate reports that contain filtered log entries of from a set of computers. For example, receive a daily report that contains a list of all failed login attempts to your domain controllers for the last 24 hours. Report content is fully customizable through our HTML email templates. Run reports on-demand or schedule.
· 2 GBs of available memory, 4 GBs suggested for large networks
· Net Framework 3.5
· Domain Administrator Account
· Windows Management Instrumentation (client and server)
· 20 days trial
· 10-resource limit
· Nag screen What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Previously when installing to Server 2008 R2 if the Application Server Role was not installed the service would fail to start and the installation would fail. The installation now checks for the existence of the Application Server Role when installed to Server 2008 R2 or higher.