Serial port sniffer with protocol logger and analyzer
Serial Monitor Lite is a serial port monitoring software designed for everyone who works with serial ports. It contains basic features and allows you to deal with serial ports easily.Software serial port monitor Rs232 sniffer with protocol analyzer and packet data logger. This monitoring utility can spy, capture, view, log, analyze, test com ports activity performing com port connection and traffic analysis with data acquisition and control. You can use this system as device interface testing tool, modem data transfer viewer and so on. Serial Monitor can be successfully used for monitoring data flow between serial devices and Windows application, debugging com port connections, developing, reverse-engineering and implementing serial protocol, serial device driver development, serial hardware development, research the functionality of any third-party software and hardware, testing software and hardware. Serial Monitor can be successfully used by programmers, beta-testers, software developers, hardware engineers, IT support specialists, industrial control personnel, SCADA software engineers, science technicians, systems integrators, consultants, lab experts, University students. Serial Monitor usage areas:Fax-Modems mini-ATS Mobile Phones Diagnostic equipment Controlling and measuring equipment (oscillographs, manometers, sensors...) Pocket PC Mice Digital Cams Network equipment Serial device servers, NPort servers Wireless LAN equipment Routers, Multiplexers, Hubs, Switches MIDI-serial devices Multiport Serial Boards RS-232 to RS-422/485 converters Serial to fiber converters Network-enable serial devices Serial device controllers Entertaining equipment, simulators HVAC, door entry systems, bar code readers Card readers Cash registers Bar-code readers Here are some key features of "Serial Monitor Lite (DMS)":
· interception and analysis of data transfers between any serial device and Windows application
· debugging any serial software or hardware
· development of serial peripheral hardware
· development of serial device drivers
· researching the functionality of any third-party software and hardware
· implementing, debugging and testing serial protocol between device and device driver
· analyzing and reverse-engineering protocols
· recording and replaying logs while debugging the implemented protocol
· spying and logging RS232/422/485 communications
· serial port bridging and analyzing
· parsing MODBUS protocol messages
· debugging and testing MODBUS device
· writing and executing java scripts for custom serial data manipulation
· 512MB RAM
· 512MB free HDD space
· 14 days trial What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Possible BSOD
· A system may crash when power policy is changed for some serial devices with Serial Monitor installed. Fixed.
· Application may fail to start
· Sometimes an application may fail to start. Fixed.
· Application hangs or crashes on startup
· Serial Monitor hangs or crashes on startup if you do not install Scripting feature. Fixed.
· Integration with Windows Error Reporting
· Application now fully integrates with Windows Error Reporting. If it ever crashes or hangs, you can submit the report, which will allow us to fix a bug and provide a solution.