Rename files freely with all kind of rules you defined
BatchRename Free Edition is a useful application that will rename files in the same or different path. It provides a no-nonsense method for renaming files. With its well-planned setup and customizable flexibility, this should meet the needs of any user. Here are some key features of "BatchRename Free Edition":
Generic renaming support:
· All basic rename command supported: prefix, suffix, insert, remove, truncate, replace, uppercase, and lowercase.
· Define a specific part of the filename to change, e.g. insert to specific position count from left or right, remove specific length of characters from specific position count from left or right, uppercase/lowercase the first letter of each word, uppercase/lowercase or remove at specific position, truncate filename to a specific length, remove characters between ‘(‘ and ‘)’...
· Use all kinds of dynamic information to rename files, including: number series, date time, file's date time attribute, random numbers or characters…
· Output renamed files to a different folder.
· Renaming rules builder – add renaming command to build any kind of renaming rule you want. Up to 7 commands can be executed in one batch.
· Add both files and folders to the file list for renaming, you can also select to recursively add files in sub folders. Support up to 500 files in the file list.
· File filter support case sensitive, exclude, and wildcard features.
· Favorite rename rules – Tons of predefined favorite renaming rules already included after install, help you to accomplish the popular renaming tasks by one click. You can also modify the existing favorite rules and create your own. Filter for Favorite renaming rules added to help easily group and find the renaming rules.
· Support for MP3 Tag ID3 v1, rename mp3 files by the music's Title, Album, Artist, Genre, BitRate, Frequency, Comment, Track and Year.
· Support EXIF data - rename pictures with the EXIF data, including: Camera name, Digitized date, Original date time, ISO speed, Exposure time, Shutter speed, Lens aperture, F-Number, GPS data... All EXIF properties are supported.
· Preview renaming result.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support adding internet shortcut files from add files dialog and from shell context menu.
· UI improved on color, font, and icons.