High-speed automatic defragmentation that maximizes server speed and reliability
This edition is streamlined from the ground up to focus on fast and efficient performance management of Windows server operating systems - regardless of the amount of traffic or the time of day. Diskeeper server prevents the majority of fragmentation (scattered file fragments randomly placed across the hard drive) before it can happen and instantly defrags the rest. More importantly, Diskeeper 2011 optimizes the data flow for the best possible productivity. Boosting system performance to a level that speeds up a corporation is not possible without also increasing operating efficiency. At the deepest level of system activity, how data is written and retrieved is the most basic level of I/O utilization. Done incorrectly, it can be the most significant factor in I/O waste. Files are written in fragments to the disk and the amount of fragments accumulates fast, causing read/ write speeds to decline quickly. IntelliWrite writes files contiguously to the disk and intelligently manages free space, preventing most fragmentation before it can happen. Combined with InvisiTasking, there are zero resource conflicts. IntelliWrite is the only technology that can prevent fragmentation on thin provisioned disks without requiring movement of any data and consequent increases in thin provisioned storage. IntelliWrite provides the benefit of a largely fragment-free OS file system without any negative consequences for thin provisioned storage, thus providing a peak performance level. New! InvisiTasking This exclusive technology can now use more idle resources faster for background optimization routines on even the busiest systems - with absolutely no intrusion on active system resources. Terabyte Volume Engine Terabyte Volume Engine technology is specifically engineered to rapidly defrag. Diskeeper 2010 Server is the secret to maximum speed and uptime. Here are some key features of "Diskeeper 2011 Server":
· InvisiTasking technology. enables management-free defragmentation with zero management overhead and zero system overhead. Now improved for busy systems. Having to schedule defrag runs is now a thing of the past.
· Support for MOM/SCOM:Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) and System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) allow monitoring and management of numerous computers interconnected by one or more communications networks. Diskeeper software will provide MOM/SCOM numerous alerts, reports and the ability to manage and control product settings and configurations.
· IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6). Diskeeper 2009 Administrator now fully supports communication, such as remote management on native IPv6 networks.
· NEW IN SERVER! Terabyte Volume Engine 2.0 — automatically handles fragmentation as it occurs, providing maximum server performance at all times!
· Exclusive! Real-time defragmentation —Diskeeper’s logic controller, which detects various volume and system conditions and chooses the most effective algorithm, has been re-designed to deliver server defrag performance benefits faster and more efficiently.
· Complete file and free space defragmentation in the most extreme of conditions—even if your systems have only a one or two percent of free space left available, or a files has millions of fragments, Diskeeper 2009 can restore lost performance and save the applications reliant on those files from major reliability failures.
· "Defragmentation Intelligence" enhancements — Diskeeper’s logic controller, which detects various volume and server conditions and chooses the most effective algorithm, has been re-designed to deliver performance benefits faster and more efficiently to keep your server running like new.
· Frag Shield 2.0 —boosts reliability and availability by automatically preventing crash-inducing fragmentation of critical system files.
· Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) Compatibility mode — only Diskeeper 2008’s new VSS-compatible mode affords you the ability to leverage the data protection of VSS and the performance and reliability of automatic defragmentation.
· THE DASHBOARD —The Dashboard tab, an easy-to-use consol, displays real-time details about your server's fragmentation levels, the health of your volumes, the idle resources being used to run, and other useful defragmentation information which accelerates server performance.
· Exclusive! I-FAAST 2.0 (Intelligent File Access Acceleration Sequencing Technology) automatically boosts access speeds for the most commonly used files on your server.
· Automatic online directory consolidation boosts antivirus scans and back-up speed.
· Native 64 bit operating systems support.
· BOOT-TIME MODE safely performs Microsoft-recommended defragmentation of critical system files.
· Network Management Support — control Diskeeper settings and functionality via Diskeeper Administrator edition or Group Policy.
· Free Space Defragmentation Engine has been enhanced to increase file-write performance.
· Intel X86
· If Internet Explorer is not present on your computer, some other needed files (hhupd.exe, 50comupd.exe, and wintdist.exe)
· Microsoft Management Console (MMC)
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Exclusive IntelliWrite technology. The O/S activity of writing files in pieces to the disk (fragmentation) can be prevented before it happens – up to 85% and more. Extremely valuable for thin provisioned storage and SAN as well as all other systems.
· New Instant Defrag. Instant Defrag, new in Diskeeper 2011, works in conjunction with IntelliWrite to quickly eliminate any fragments not prevented during the initial write. For those fragments, IntelliWrite passes along information in real-time to the Instant Defrag engines for immediate handling.
· New Efficient Mode. Efficient Mode, also new in Diskeeper 2011, uses the minimum disk Input/Output (I/O) to restore and maintain maximum performance. The Efficient Mode is smart enough to detect fragmentation that is a problem and targets it for priority handling. Efficient mode only addresses problem fragmentation and by eliminating the unnecessary extra effort to get to a state of 0 total fragments, peak performance is rapidly restored...