Backup Windows, MS Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook settings & profile
BackRex Easy Backup application is a settings backup and restore tool. It allows you to save your current Windows configuration (settings, customizations, and user profile), such as desktop layout, mouse cursors schemes, sound schemes, regional settings, etc. BackRex will also save customizations for Microsoft Office suite, Outlook and Internet Explorer settings including personal address books, mail and news folders, contacts, tasks, notes, dial-up preferences and much more.BackRex Easy can help you to transfer all your settings and customizations from one computer to another, even with different version of Windows (for example from Windows 2000 to Windows XP or vice versa).BackRex Easy is very useful for IT people who support multiple workstations - using BackRex Easy Backup, reinstalling several computers becomes very simple. Rather than spending hours to setup a customized environment for each user, you simply restore user settings to the fresh installed system.How does it work?Run BackRex Easy Backup on the computer, which settings and/or profile(s) you want to save, then choose Back up option in the program, and finally choose a folder to save all collected data in. When BackRex Easy Backup finishes its work, keep the results in a safe place - you'll need them to restore your settings, profile(s) and customizations.To restore your data, start BackRex Easy Backup, select a folder, created during the backup process, and in a few minutes all your settings, customizations and profile(s) will be restored, you'll just need to reboot the computer. Easy, isn't it? Here are some key features of "BackRex Easy Backup":
Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Seven:
· Desktop Icons, Appearance settings, International settings, Address book, Keyboard settings, Mouse settings, Mouse cursor & schemes, Taskbar settings, Windows Explorer settings, MRU Lists, Dialup connections, Power settings, Sound settings, Console settings, Offline folders
Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0:
· Proxy & connection settings, Security zones, User customizations, Cookies, History, Favorites
Google Chrome browser 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x:
· Bookmarks, Preferences, Extensions
Mozilla Firefox browser 2.0, 3.x, 4.0:
· Favorites, Settings, Add-ons
MS Outlook 2000, XP, 2003, 2007, 2010:
· Mail Accounts, Mail Folders, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, User options, Rules Wizard settings, Signatures, Stationery folder
MS Office 2000, XP, 2003, 2007, 2010:
· User Options for Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Recent Files lists
MS Media Player:
· Skins, Visualizations, Preferences
· Preferences, Albums
Vista Windows Mail:
· Windows Contacts, Mail and News accounts, Mail folders, User options, Message rules, Signatures, Blocked senders list
Outlook Express 4.0, 5.0x, 5.5, 6.0:
· Address Book, Mail and News accounts, Mail folders, User options, Message rules, Stationery folder, Signatures, Blocked senders list
· Personal contacts and settings
· Personal settings
· Personal settings and default data file
· C Computer with Pentium processor and above
· Does not migrate between different versions of Windows operating system. You will only be able to backup and restore data on the same version of Windows.
· Does not restore Microsoft Office settings.
· Restores Outlook Express mail folders and preferences partially.
· Does not restore Windows Contacts.
· Compressed backup password protection disabled. What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added Google Chrome 13 browser support;
· Added Firefox 5 support