Create backups of your documents and files (stored locally or online).
Ocster Backup is an intuitive and easy-to-use backup application that focuses on automating all the backup tasks. You simply specify what you want backed up and when and then the software takes care of the rest. The backups can be stored either on an external local hard disk or (for a small fee) via the internet on the specially secured and highly reliable Ocster Secure Storage. With Ocster Secure Storage multiple highly encrypted copies of the data are stored in professional data centers. This protects the data from the dangers that can render locally stored backups unusable at any time (hard disk crashes, fire, theft, water damage, ...). Ocster Backup Free is really easy to use and requires no technical knowledge at all. But it still supports all the advanced features one expects from a modern backup software like incremental backups, encryption, compression and backing up open files. Backups can also be interrupted at any time and later resumed at the same point, even after restarting the computer. Here are some key features of "Ocster Backup Freeware":
· Creates fully automatic backups of your data
· Easy to use
· Can store backups on hard disks and USB sticks (free and no strings attached)
· Can store backups on Ocster Secure Storage
· Stores the files in professional data centers
· Much safer than using hard disks or USB sticks
· The backups are protected against fire, water damage, lighning, theft, hurricanes, ...
· Multiple copies are kept in different locations
· The data is transmitted to the data centers via a highly secured internet channel
· Available for a small subscription fee.
· Backups are strongly encrypted and protected with a user password
· Backups are compressed intelligently to save space
· Backups are performed automatically at scheduled times
· Backups can be stopped and resumed. This is handy when the computer needs to be shut down, for example.
· Incremental backup: after an initial full backup only the changes to the previous state are stored. This saves space and reduces transfer times.
Supports backup of:
· files and folders (also files that are in use)
· hard links and symbolic links
· compressed, encrypted and sparse files
· Backup are encrypted with AES (256 Bit)
· High compression rates, even with many small files
· 512 MB RAM
· Free space on hard disk: ca. 100 MB
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Many improvements to backup engine
· French, Italian, Portuguese translations