Official Web Site: http://www.bluemangolearning.com/screensteps/
ScreenSteps is not just another screen capture application. ScreenSteps helps you answer questions by automatically creating image-based documents as you capture screenshots.
Using the integrated authoring tools you can quickly annotate images and add text. When you are finished you can export to HTML, PDF, Word (DOCX)*, WordPress, TypePad, Bloger, Movable Type, MindTouch*, Confluence*, Googles Sites*, Joomla or ScreenSteps Live.
* Support for bullet and number lists in descriptions and instructions.
* PDF export now lets you select from a wide range of fonts as well as
specify different fonts for lesson and step titles as well as body text.
* PDF documents now support all character sets supported within
* PDF templates now support borders around images.
* Google Sites now supports encrypted connections.
* You can now import multiple lessons at a time from ScreenSteps Live.
* Key bindings on OS X now match standard platform key bindings.
* New Code Block formatting option for styling programming code.
* ScreenSteps can now automatically check for updates at launch if
preference is set.
* ScreenSteps no longer creates duplicate lessons when importing a
manual from ScreenSteps Live.
* ScreenSteps can automatically submit error reports now. No more
copying and pasting the report into an email.
* If the operating system requests that ScreenSteps open a file the request
is ignored if a modal window is open.
* Changed "New Step" accelerator key to Alt + Shift + N on Windows
so that it no longer conflicts with accelerator key for "New Manual".
* Removed accelerator key on Windows for "Split Step at Insertion
Point" as it conflicted with another accelerator key.
* When updating a manual on ScreenSteps Live you no longer have the
option of creating a new manual or replacing an existing manual. These
options open up too much room for error. You now must delete the link
between the manual and ScreenSteps Live using the Web pane of the
manual property inspector if you want to create a new manual or replace
an existing one.
* Importing documents from ScreenSteps Live now updates existing
lesson rather than creating duplicates.
* Added an extra line after the image in the Confluence template.
* Updated DOCX Neutral template to include ListBullet and ListNumber
* Blog/Wiki/SS Live dialogs now use large progress bars.
* When generating tooltips for fields ScreenSteps no longer resolves
links to lessons that are outside of the current manual.
* SQL Server is now passed all created_on/modified_on/posted_on dates
in YYYYMMDD format. [Workgroup]
* The image resize menu now disables options if lesson is not checked
* Added accelerator keys for Plain formatting.
* Removed and from default Zendesk template as they would appear in
the forum post unless the user was an agent who could moderate forum
posts or an admin.
* Export images now remembers the last folder used.
* Added "Clear Menu" to the Open Recent menu.
* Fixed a potential crash caused when trying to retrieve the internal id of a
* Text annotations were not being scaled properly when resizing an
* Word output no longer inserts a blank line if step instructions are
* Updated Google Sites API error handling so that redirect failures are
* Conversion of multiplication unicode symbol was incorrect. This would
cause errors in Word output.
* Fixed issue with multiple authors being logged in when using a
ScreenSteps Workgroup floating license and logging in as another
* Dragging text within document fields now works.
* Zendesk images would sometimes appear out of order when updating a
* When syncing step media filenames to step titles a "." could end up at
the end of the filename.
* Syncing image names to step titles when the document was not loaded
would cause an error.
* Entering a value > 32767 for height or width when resizing an image would generate an error.
* Copying and pasting links with URL links now preserves the links.
* When downloading changes from a chapter on Screenteps Live,
* ScreenSteps was not accurately detecting when a chapter no longer
existed on the ScreenSteps Live server.
* Fixed issues in PAC support file included with ScreenSteps. PAC files
that use dnsResolve should work properly now.
* The dialogs used for importing lessons and manuals from ScreenSteps
* Live now respect the 'use ssl' setting for the web export account.
* Navigating away from the PDF preference pane while editing the name
of a template would generate an error if the template name had been
changed. The same issue existed for the Web Export pane as well.
* The text annotation font size menu was grabbing the wrong template
value if no annotation was selected.
* Undo manager no longer throws an error if undoing a field operation
and the field can't have it's selection selected.
* When generating the next/previous links in Manual HTML export the
next lesson might be incorrect if the next chapter had lots of lessons in it.
* The category was not being assigned properly when uploading to
* When registering ScreenSteps with a ScreenSteps Live account the
protocol is now stripped from the domain. This is the same behavior as
the Web Export pane.
* Importing a library now checks for lesson/section links that are missing
a valid id.
* Upgraded some lesson templates as they were missing a CSS file.
* Image width limitations on OS X removed. Images only limited by
available memory now.
* Fixed crash that could occur when processing certain PAC files.
PPC / Intel, Mac OS X 10.4 or later
--- PLEASE SEED ---