Disk cleanup utility to help you delete and archive your old unused files
SpringClean is an application to help you archive and remove your old files, keeping your file systems and disks nice and clean. You can search for files on various parameters and even update a database based on the results of the job.Simply create some tasks and you can later call them from a command line, so as to be able to schedule your housekeeping jobs. Here are some key features of "SpringClean":
· Search for files to archive based on date modified, date created, file size and regular expression
· Filter to include certain file types (eg only find .txt files)
· Option to create a zip file with the original file structure when archiving.
· Run the Job in a dummy (test) mode so you can see what will happen, without actually touching any files
· Run SQL commands against a database for the job. Can be useful if you need to update file paths in a database after they have been archive, or simply log the fact the job has run.
· Detailed log file kept each time a job is run
· Command line option so you can run the jobs hands off in a scheduled task
· Config saved to a sqlite database, so your settings can be backed up easily.
· Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
· It will only allow you to run a job in dummy mode, which will only report on what its going to do