Firewall with prevention-based protection
The Comodo Firewall application offers the highest levels of security against inbound and outbound threats, stealths your computer's ports against hackers and blocks malicious software from transmitting your confidential data over the Internet. Comodo Firewall makes it easy for you to specify exactly which applications are allowed to connect to the Internet and immediately warns you when there is suspicious activity.Comodo's award-winning firewall provides users with prevention-based PC protection that slams the door shut on viruses, malware, and hackers. Firewall is also a part of Comodo Internet Security Pro 2011, which gives you the most robust defense and inlcudes other components like WiFi security, live 24/7 expert assistance for numerous computing needs. Here are some key features of "Comodo Firewall":
Default Deny Protection:
· Makes sure that only known PC-safe applications execute
· Stops viruses and malware before they access your computer…so it isn't too late to stop them.
Auto Sandbox Technology:
· The sandbox is a virtual operating environment for untrusted programs – ensuring viruses and other malicious software are completely isolated from the rest of your computer
· Firewall remembers which software is allowed to operate and changes its alerts accordingly.
Cloud based Behavior Analysis:
· Cloud based behavior analysis system detects zero-day malware INSTANTLY.
Cloud based Whitelisting:
· Cloud based whitelisting of trusted publisher easily identifies a safe file and vendor
· Suppresses operations that could interfere with a user’s gaming experience such as alerts, virus database updates or scheduled scans.
· Provides users with the ability to lockdown their PC so only known good applications can run.
· Stay current with the latest protection.
Precise and specific alert system:
· Warnings specify the level and type of possible threat from each source.
Easy to configure:
· Tell the free firewall to scan upon installation and add all current applications to the safe-list.
Detailed summary screen:
· Easily access an at-a-glance snapshot of current security settings
Uncluttered, user-friendly interface:
· Quickly navigate through the various parts of Firewall protection without getting lost
Thorough security "wizards":
· Preset security settings for simple point-and-click setup
Exclusive access to Comodo's "safe-list":
· List of over two million known PC-friendly files and apps. Privdes free firewall protection with the knowledge to let safe files and apps run.
'Training Mode' lets Firewall automatically create 'allow' rules:
· Firewall software learns your trusted programs to minimize alerts
· 128 MB RAM
· 210 MB hard disk space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· IMPROVED! Installation experience on Windows 7 and later
· IMPIOVED! Realtime performance impact to the daily PC operations should be lower in this version
· FIXED! HIPS doesn't block some actions that can be used by malware
· FIXED! HIPS doesn't block modifications to the protected files under certain conditions
· FIXED! Firewall sometimes blocks safe applications such as MSN messenger, Skype
· FIXED! Some installers crash when CIS is installed
· FIXED! Firewall does not detect MAC Spoofing although "Protect the ARP Cache" option is selected
· FIXED! Firewall cuases high DPC latency under certain conditions
· FIXED! Antivirus crashes while scanning specially crafted .PST files
· FIXED! Antivirus crashes after or during virus database updates