Translate Visual Studio RC resources files, localize your application easily
RC Localize is a tool, which will help you to localize your Windows resource files (which might come from Visual Studio 6.0 or Visual Studio.Net for example). RC Localize will save your time and make your application more secure:It is no more necessary to use the fastidious Visual Studio editor for localizing your resources files. RC Localize makes the navigation through the resources items easy and displays them in Unicode. When you update a project, RC Localize finds items, which have not already been translated or which need to be checked.Leave the translation to a translator: give him the RC Localize projectThis will allows him to focus only on the translation. Translator does not need to have your resources files and to edit them with the Visual Studio resources editor. Moreover, verification flags will help him to find the items, which have been modified and which need to be checked again.It is not safe to use the Visual Studio resource editor for localizing your resources files. Your application might crash if you add an item to a dialog in a given language and omit to add it in the others languages of your resource. You can also forget to translate an item or forget to report changes among the different languages of your resourceRC Localize is a software that localizes your application.You will not be trapped anymore using RC Localize, because localized resources are copied from the one that is used to finalize you application. Moreover, resources checking feature makes your localized application more secured.Using RC Localize, you choose the language you want to include in your localized resources, when you export them. Nothing is easier to generate a multilingual release for your application or a dedicated release, which contains only a given language. Here are some key features of "RC Localize":
· Import RC files (from Visual Studio 6.0, Visual Studio.Net 2003 / 2005, or any other applications) in a RC Localize project.
· Ressource files might be in ANSI or unicode format.
· Text edition in unicode for a perfect language support.
· Merge several resources into a single resource or several RC Localize project into a single project.
· Export localized resource files to a single resource file (all languages in one resource) or in several resource files (one resource file per language).
· Compile directives support (#if, #ifndef...). RC Localize keeps all the specifics directives (include directive, read only directive, compile time directive...)
· Automatic project update, when the resources have been modified.
· Several update modes are available.
· Neutral language support (LANG_NEUTRAL, SUBLANG_NEUTRAL).
· Importation/exportation from/to an unicode text file (extract texts from your resource files).
· Send the localization project by email to a translator.
· Simultaneous and multilingual (Unicode) displays of texts to translate (Japanese, Arabic, Greek...)
· Dialogs preview.
· Items tree clearly displays resource items (menus, dialogs, texts, combos, bitmaps...).
· Setting for the size font used to edit texts.
· Support all ASCII, MBCS and unicode languages supported by Windows (English, German, Japanese, Arabic, Chinese...)
· Fast edition, which supports layout characters conversion (tabulation, carriage return...)
· Special characters checking (formatting characters, layout characters, spaces...)
· Check and correct mnemonic characters.
· Check dialog item boundary.
· Search/replace text feature in a given language.
· Text replacement for all items, which have a given name.
· Search for items, which have not been translated or verified.
· Automatic text substitution feature, when exporting the resource.
· Copy/paste all items from a dialog or a menu to another one
· 15 days trial What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improving chek spelling by taking into account special characters (tabulation, &, '...)
· Dictionaries setup fails when using Edition > Dictionnaries Preferences