Helps you catalog and manage your video collections
CATVids is a powerful database program designed to help you catalog and manage your video collection. CATVids is a software that works very well with all types of media, including DVDs, VHS tapes and will be a great help on managing them.CATVids will keep track of not only your pre-recorded media, but also movies, television programs and home videos which you record. Using CATVids you can quickly catalog your movies by downloading information from the Internet Movie Database. Designed for the Windows environment, CATVids is comprehensive, intuitive, and easy to use.CATVids has a comprehensive set of data fields, enabling you to catalog a wide range of information: title, media format, release year, publisher, purchase date and price, current value, region, special features, production year, studio, rating, director, writer, cast and characters, synopsis, tape counter, recording speed, recording date, personal rating, keywords, and more.Other features include unlimited number of records, custom data fields, a loan module, flexible searching, a report designer, more than 90 pre-defined reports and a HTML generator. Here are some key features of "CATVids":
· Catalog all media types, including DVDs, VHS tapes, and Laserdiscs.
· Save time: Download movie data from the Internet. Register most information, such as director, media format and studio, only once.
· Store information about an unlimited number of videos, as well as the individual segments on each video. Manage single- and multiple-recording media as well as pre-recorded media.
· Automatically calculate remaining free space on your tapes.
· Adapt the program to your own needs: Change the data field names to suit your personal preferences. Hide data fields you don’t need. Specify your own media formats and categories. Split your collection into different databases and transfer information between them.
· Use the Form Designer to redesign the field layout in all data entry windows.
· Comprehensive set of data fields enabling you to catalog a wide range of information: title, media format, release year, publisher, purchase date and price, current value, region, special features, production year, studio, rating, director, writer, cast and characters, synopsis, tape counter, recording speed, recording date, personal rating, keywords, and more.
· More than 30 custom data fields (in case we have missed something).
· Add personal comments for videos and individual segments.
· Store video covers, as well as pictures of actors.
· Attach audio and video samples.
· Use CATVids Explorer to browse your collection.
· Find information quickly: Search in all fields with any combination of key words and operators (and, or, etc.). Save your most frequently used searches. Use filters to display only selected data.
· Use the search and replace function to search for a specific word or number and replace it with another.
· Sort data by any field with up to five sort levels.
· Create your own reports with exactly the layout you want, or use one of the more than 100 pre-defined reports. You have full control of data fields, groups, sort order, columns, fonts, colors, paper size, margins and print orientation.
· Preview reports on screen before printing. Save reports in virtually any file format: Adobe Acrobat, Excel, HTML, JPEG, Lotus 1-2-3, Quattro Pro, or RTF.
· Archive reports - store report output so that it can be previewed and printed later, without re-accessing the data from which the report was generated. While archiving is very useful for maintaining historical records, it can also be used as a method of report distribution.
· Keep track of videos on loan. Check the program periodically to see what is still out on loan. You will always know who has what and since when.
· Use the HTML Generator to quickly generate documents to be published on the Internet.
· Analyze your collection in a variety of ways with the statistics module.
· Export data to ASCII text files to bring the information into other applications.
· Backup your valuable data with the backup/restore module.
· MS Access database format. Offers you an alternative way to view and search your database.
· 1GHz processor or better
· 256 MB memory (512 MB recommended)
· 10 MB available hard-disk space
· 800x600 screen resolution
· 30 days trial period What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed problem trying to activate registration key if registration email was copied from Opera.
· The Explorer window is now faster to reopen.
· Show Segments in Contents View command now faster.
· Card layout: You can now change the border color, and deselect the highlighting of the selected record.
· Download from Internet: Preview window: Moved the OK/Cancel buttons from the bottom to the upper right corner (buttons were not visible when using a screen with a low vertical resolution).
· Explorer: Pages with a statistical chart now automatically regenerated when the explorer pane is resized.
· Report Designer/Form Designer: You can now edit the text of text labels directly from the popup menu (without having to open the Properties window first).
· Report: Text label: Added support for the following codes: