Computer based dictation recorder and portable dock station
You dictate using your computer (or a portable dictaphone or other handheld digital dictation recorder) and send your recordings to your typist or assistant by email, internet or over your computer network. This dictation software can dramatically improve the turn around time for work and, most importantly, lets you work from wherever you want. As long as you have access to a computer with email, you can dictate from where you are - even overseas.Express Dictate is designed to have the features that you need made as simple as possible and is reliable for day to day operation. A full description of Express Dictate follows but a quick way to try it out is to download and install now. You don't need to purchase to download and it only takes a couple of minutes to complete the process. After you have tested Express Dictate and found it to be suitable, you can purchase a user licence.Express Dictate uses state of the art digital audio processing and compression technology to record and transmit audio. It also includes features such as automatic editing, voice activated recording and 256bit encryption. Express Dictate dictation software will also keep track of the progress of work and the expected completion time. As well as dictating using your PC, you can also use your existing portable dictaphone or other digital dictation recorder while you are away from your computer. The Express Dictate 'Transfer from Portable Dictaphone/Notetaker feature lets you transfer the dictation quickly and easily and send it to your typist or assistant via the internet or your computer network. Here are some key features of "Express Dictate":
· Digital audio recording with superb signal processing quality (32 bit DSPs are used).
· Record to wav, mp3 or dct formats (only dct supports encryption, sender information and notes).
· Automatic non destructive record editing with multiple record modes including record-insert, record-overwrite and record-at-end.
· Voice activated recording so long silences in dictation are not recorded.
· Assign priority to individual dictations.
· Ability to prompt for patient or file data before recording starts and supports the VIS Laser Barcode Scanner.
· Send recordings directly to a typist immediately by email, over a computer network or via FTP or save to your hard drive.
· Supports recording encryption if you are required to secure patient or client data for transmission over the internet (HIPAA compliant).
· Ability to 'dock' normal analog and digital handheld dictation recorders so even if you don't record with Express Dictate you can still use it to transmit recordings to your typist via email.
· Attach additional files to the recordings or type in notes for your typist or for the record.
· Ability to recover sent dictations.
· View "Sent Work Progress" and backup sent dictations to hard drive or CD.
· Audio compression to reduce file and transmission size. Codecs supported include PCM, wav, mp3, gsm and many more.
· Can be controlled by system-wide hot keys (so you can record while working in other screens).
· Hand controllers and foot pedals can also be used with this dictation software if you prefer.
· Comes with free foot pedal controlled player software which your typist will love.
· Easy-to-use interface designed so non-technical users will be using it in just minutes.
· Pentium 100 or above
· Sound Card
· Microphone & Speakers (or Headset or Handset Controller)
· [Optional] Internet Connection (to send recordings via Internet)
· [Optional] Computer Network (to send recordings via LAN)
· [Optional] Handset Controller (eg. Voice Input Station).
· [Optional] Foot pedal dictation controller
· 14 days trial What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Registration Updates