Remove part of DVD/Blu-ray protections
The Passkey Lite application was developed to be a free version of Passkey. This is a simple combination of Passkey for DVD and Passkey for Blu-ray. It is not any more a versatile and powerful decryption tool with some DVD/Blu-ray protections out of its domain. However, you can still freely watch any DVD, and use other software to access unprotected DVD/Blu-ray content.Passkey Lite is a free and a simple two-in-one version of Passkey for DVD and Passkey for Blu-ray, and supports part of the functions they have. It can still decrypt protected DVD and Blu-ray, but not for all of them. For example, it can't remove AACS V12+, BD+, BDAV, and AVCREC for Blu-ray, so you are not allowed to watch movies with those protections. It doesn't support CPRM for DVD, and PathPlayer is not enabled, so ARccOS, RipGuard, FluxDVD, and CORE X2 can't be removed. As a result, you can't copy those still protected DVDs , but you are able to freely watch them.What adds punch to Passkey Lite is it can work with all the software that Passkey for DVD and Passkey for Blu-ray works with. You are enabled to use these apps to play/copy/rip the unprotected DVD/Blu-ray discs.NOTE:- After installation the user can choose the version to use, for DVD, Blu-Ray or Free, from the startup screen. Here are some key features of "DVDFab Passkey Lite":
Remove part of DVD/Blu-ray protections:
· The DVD protections which can be removed by Passkey Lite are CSS, CPPM, RC, RCE, APS, and UOPs. CPRM, ARccOS, RipGuard, FluxDVD, CORE X2, etc. are not included. For Blu-ray, it can mange AACS V10, RC, BD-Live, and UOPs.
Freely watch any DVD with no region limit:
· It's true that Passkey Lite can't get rid of all DVD protections, if you want to copy/burn/clone DVD, you need to use Passkey for DVD. However, you can freely watch any DVD with no region limit on your region specific player.
Work with other software to access DVD/Blu-ray content:
· Passkey Lite can work with any software that Passkey for DVD and Passkey for Blu-ray works with, to help you access unprotected DVD/Blu-ray content for playback or editing.
Following are the apps which have been tested to cooperate with Passkey Lite:
· DVDFab DVD Copy
· DVDFab DVD Ripper
· DVDFab Blu-ray Copy
· DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper
· DVDFab Blu-ray to DVD Converter
· PowerDVD 7/8/9/10
· TotalMedia Theatre 3
· WinDVD 8/9/2010
· Roxio 2010 with I/O Mode set to ‘Advanced’ under the General tab
· ImgBurn (Read Mode)
· 1 Click DVD Copy Pro - Advanced I/O Mode Only
· Nero Recode
· AVS Copy
· DVD neXt COPY V3 and 4 (without the machinist.dll)
· DVD Shrink - Pathplayer Off with some content
· DVDSubEdit (quick check for forced subs)
· LC (play VOB with File->Open)
· Roxio Creator 9 in several modes/modules
· DVDRanger without machinist.dll
· XBMC Dharma Beta 2
· Roxio CineplayerBD 5
· Pentium II 500 MHz
· 256 MB of RAM (DVD)
· A DVD Drive (DVD)
· 512 MB of RAM (Blu-ray)
· A Blu-ray Drive (Blu-ray)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New: Updated language files.
· Fix: A crash problem for "Rip to Hard Disk".