Internet control by filtering DNS requests. Can be set up locally or remotely
This utility allows ultimate control of your Internet usage without the need for any additional software or hardware solutions in your corporate network. GateWall DNS Filter helps you make your corporate Internet safer, minimize unwanted traffic and increase the performance of your Internet users. GateWall DNS Filter uses the largest URL database, which contains 500 million websites broken down by categories. An administrator may easily configure the utility to block websites that belong to such categories, as malicious sites, online casinos, online gaming and entertainment portals, social networks, torrents and P2P services, proxy-servers, anonymizers, etc. You may also allow default access to certain websites thorough white lists or block access to specific sites regardless of any other settings. Here are some key features of "GateWall DNS Filter":
Safe Internet Access:
· GateWall DNS Filter blocks websites associated with such threats, as phishing, Trojans, keyloggers, botnets and other malicious software.
· GateWall DNS Filter records the statistics of all visited sites’ categories, as well as the allowed and blocked requests. You may use these statistics reports for an in-depth assessment of unwanted Internet usage.
· GateWall DNS Filter is a cloud-based solution. Therefore, it does not require local installation of any hardware or software solutions. The program remembers the current network mapping, security settings and processes executed by all existing applications. URL database updates run in the background and do not interfere with the users’ work.
Range of Use:
· DNS filtering is the easiest and the most understandable traffic filtering solution for schools and colleges, public institutions and large and mid-sized companies. GateWall DNS Filter lets you control a large number of departments, branches, schools, colleges, etc. combined in a single network.
· Pentium II 400MHz
· 64 MB RAM
· 10 MB of hard disk space plus additional hard disk space.
· 30 days trial What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Settings of various groups
· A web-interface
· A new statistics module
· A specially developed API
· The simplicity of the solution's deployment as a “cloud” service, offering almost unlimited system scalability