Text / HTML / PHP / Java editor
EditPlus is an Internet-ready text editor, HTML editor and programmers editor for Windows. EditPlus can be used as a Notepad replacement or for programming work.While it can serve as a good replacement for Notepad, it also offers many powerful features for Web page authors and programmers. Here are some key features of "EditPlus":
· Syntax highlighting
· Internet features
· Seamless web browser for previewing the content of your HTML document or Java applet without leaving the editor. Browser window also has common browser commands so you can browse Internet web sites as well as local HTML files.
· FTP commands for uploading your local files to FTP server or for editing remote files directly.
· Highlights URL and e-mail addresses in normal text files and lets you activate them with a single keystroke (F8) or 'Ctrl + double-click'.
· HTML toolbar
· The HTML Toolbar allows you to insert common HTML tags quickly and easily. It also supports useful tools such as HTML Color Picker, Character Picker, Table Generator and Object Picker.
· Document selector
· The Document Selector offers quick mouse access to all document windows currently loaded. Much faster than selecting on Window menu or pressing Ctrl+Tab key multiple times.
· User tools
· EditPlus supports user-defined tools, help files and keystroke recording files. The output of tool execution can be captured in the Output Window, so that you can double-click the error line to automatically load the file and locate the cursor to that line.
· Auto-completion is a time-saving feature which changes a short abbreviation into a complete string. It supports Perl and C/C++ by default. Also, you can create your own auto-completion file to support other programming languages.
· Cliptext window
· The cliptext window is collection of text clips for quick and easy access. You can easily customize them, and you can also create your own cliptext file.
· Document template
· Document template offers a quick start when you create a new document.
· Other features
· Line number, ruler, column selection, powerful search and replace, multiple undo/redo, spell checker, customizable keyboard shortcuts, and more.
· 1GHz or higher processor
· 1GB of RAM
· 30 day trial
· Nag screen What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Supports syntax highlighting for Python and Ruby on Rails by default.
· Improved syntax highlighting speed on long lines.
· Disable Save button with unmodified documents' option ('Preferences'->'File').
· Displaying tabs and spaces in separate commands.
· Find in Files allows multiple folder names separated by ';'.
· Increases max number of tool groups to 20.
· Allows string values in #PREFIX and #SUFFIX statement.
· Set Marker Dup Lines' command ('Edit'->'Others').
· Log File Watch' command ('Document').
· pi command line option to specify different project configuration file.
· Supports Perl syntax highlighting for string interpolations.
· Word highlighting now supports selection of multiple words.
· Reset Default' button on the Fonts dialog box.
· Displays color code on the Color Picker.
· Use STAT instead of LIST' ftp option added.
· Run as Text Filter (Replace Fixed Cursor)' user tool action added.
· Include user account name' backup option added.
· Try keyboard-interactive authentica...