New open ALM platform brings 'social coding' to Subversion for the first time
uberSVN is a major new product designed to transform the world's most popular source code management system into an extensible platform that empowers software developers by giving them the widest choice of toolsets. uberSVN opens up the developer freedom to choose any combination of software development tools that best fit the business requirements in hand. Toolset choice can be based on price or functionality, the use of open or closed source proprietary applications - and there is no vendor lock-in. The product is freely available, but professional support is available from WANdisco.uberSVN turns Subversion into an open, extensible platform for ALM that is easy to install, easy to use and easy to extend. The concept is that uberSVN is a platform in the sense that it enables developers to take a set of disparate applications and, by providing the right packaging and integration, deliver a complete solution. Give
a try to see what it's really capable of! Requirements:
· Compatible Browsers:
· Internet ExplorerE 7,8 & 9
· Firefox 4.0;
· Chrome 10.0;
· Safari 5.0.4;
· Opera 10.60
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· uberAPPS! uberSVN now extends its simple, no hassle approach to the wider field of software development life cycle applications. uberAPPS enables you and your team to choose the best development apps for the job, buy and install them with a few clicks and get back to developing.
· Jenkins continuous integration server is the first application available through uberAPPS. Learn more about Jenkins
· Backup and Restore feature is now included, enabling you to protect your repository and user data. Right now only uberSVN's own database is backed up, not the actual repository data. In future we'll look at including more options for what and how you back up.
· Tab Manager - add your own tabs to integrate external applications or web sites into the uberSVN portal.
· Deep link to elements of uberSVN, making it easier to reference repositories, teams and users.
· WSGI Support and Python now bundled with the Linux version. Added because they're a requirement for some of the applicati...