Takes snapshots of your disks and allows offline media browsing
WhereIsIt? is a program designed to help users organize and maintain a catalog of computer media collection, including CD-ROMs, diskettes, audio CDs, DVDs, removable drives, hard drives, network drives or any other media that Windows can access as a drive. The most basic goal for WhereIsIt? is to provide access to the contents of any media you have from a cataloged database, even if the media itself is not available on the system - you can browse lists of files and folders, search by any criteria, use descriptions, thumbnails, categories, flags, etc.WhereIsIt? is a successor of successful DOS program Floppy Master, extending its capabilities to new and larger media storage devices and providing even more comprehensive access to stored data.WhereIsIt? can be used to handle any kind of data, including downloaded programs, magazine CD-ROMs, music collections like MP3s or audio CDs, graphics collections, document backups, etc. WhereIsIt? can handle lots of them, too, a couple hundreds or thousands disks in a catalog is nothing unusual, yet catalogs remain reasonably small, single-filed and easy to transfer or send to other users. You can also create more than one catalog, and at any time open and work with as many catalogs at once as needed. WhereIsIt is easy to use for both beginners and advanced users. It features a familiar and well thought-out, Explorer-like user interface, combined with strong searching and reporting capabilities, multi-language support, automated description and thumbnails importing through extendable plugins from more than 70 different sources, and much more. Here are some key features of "WhereIsIt? 2011":
· Suitable for beginners and advanced users
· Well thought-out user interface with multi-language support
· Manageable catalog files
· Detailed information about every file, folder, or disk
· Internal support for many compressed file formats
· Automatic description and thumbnails importing
· Built-in media recognition system
· Powerful searching finds what you are looking for
· Professional report generator
· 5 MB free hard disk space for program installation and catalogs.
· Mouse or other Windows-compatible pointing device strongly recommended.
· Adding new disk images to catalogs is limited. Unregistered version allows adding at least three removable disks (floppy, CD, DVD, Zip drive,...), or until the total capacity of all already cataloged disks reaches 2 GB. You will not be able to add more disk images to the catalog if the above limit has been reached. If you want to add more data, you can open a new catalog.
· Auto-loading catalogs on program startup is disabled. Registered users can setup a list of catalogs to load automatically when program is starting, or select to open all catalogs that were opened in the last session.
· All reports will include a visible message saying they were generated with an unregistered version.
· Tips on program startup can not be disabled in the unregistered version. The first tip will always remind you that you are working with an unregistered shareware program.
· Script language is only available in registered version. Script language is mostly used for unattended catalog updates, or it can perform special tasks on program startup, for example, updating the catalog data when program starts, so you always have the latest state to work with. What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Minor maintenance release.
· Considerably improved scanning performance in some special cases, like having thousands of archive files in the same folder.
· Updated IMDB plugin to support new techniques recently used on the IMDB web site, for example AJAX loading of details like user comments.
· Updated DcrawPlugin to the latest version of dcraw.c.
· Other miscellaneous minor adjustments and improvements.