Drag-and-drop file and folder encryption using strong crypto
Kryptel Lite represents the free version of Kryptel. While it lacks some advanced Kryptel features, it is a fast and easy-to-use program, which will perfectly suit your needs if your security demands are not very high. The main goal of development was to make user interface as simple and friendly as possible, without reducing encryption strength. You can encrypt or decrypt a group of files or folders as easy as a single mouse click, and the usage of key files lets you avoid repeatedly entering passwords.The program’s interface part is implemented as a shell extension, so you do not have to learn a new program – your Windows Explorer (or another file manager) will be enabled to encrypt files and folders.It supports drag-and-drop operation and integrates to the Windows Explorer right-click menu. Kryptel Lite uses industry-standard DES cipher for encryption and includes a single-pass file shredder for secure file deletion. Here are some key features of "Kryptel Lite":
· Support for Windows drag-and-drop (screenshot),
· Easy integration with Windows Explorer or other file managers (screenshot),
· Uses the industry-standard DES cipher in the Electronic Codebook mode for data encryption,
· Embedded single-pass file shredder,
· Supports integration with Iron Key
· Pentium or better processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Kryptel is now available in German, Spanish, and Russian.
· Crypto Settings now includes a new page 'Icons', which lets you change icons for all associated files.
· Kryptel Standard and Kryptelite can now decrypt containers created in FIPS 140-2 compatibility mode.