A file compare and directory sync utility wrapped in one.
Beyond Compare is a directory compare software and a file compare tool wrapped in one. Synchronize files between laptop and PC, home and office, etc. Compare directory trees side-by-side with mismatches highlighted. Display text files side-by-side with changes highlighted. Great for merging changes to source code. Supports minor editing, Unicode text files, and Delphi form files. Save favorite sessions for quick access. Built-in FTP and zip support. Here are some key features of "Beyond Compare":
· compare text files
· compare folders, zip archives, ftp sites
· update websites
· merge code changes
· compare program output.
· 30 days trial What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added full context menu extensions on Linux for Konqueror (KDE), Nautilus (Gnome), and Thunar (Xfce), with configurable visibility and submenus.
· Added support for passing '-' on the command line to load a file from
· stdin, and added support for FIFOs on Linux.
· Copying to/from FTP/SFTP servers now copies the Unix mode (rwx).
· Character encoding errors during saving now prompt to use a different code
· page instead of refusing to save.
· Removed prompt to edit read-only files in file views.
· Fixed FTP timezone autodetection.
· Fixed zips not showing files that have paths beginning with /
· Fixed extracting files from some .7z archives
· Improved memory usage and speed when reading/writing large snapshots
· Added support for passing '-' on the command line to load a file from stdin.
· Added "Select All" button to "Find" dialog.
· "Go To" dialog supports column selection in the row details.
· Removed "characters per line limit" fi...