An enhanced data provider for SQLite
dotConnect for SQLite Professional is an enhanced data provider for SQLite that builds on ADO.NET technology to present a complete solution for developing SQLite-based database applications. As a part of the Devart database application development framework, dotConnect for SQLite offers both high performance native connectivity to the SQLite database and a number of innovative development tools and technologies.dotConnect for SQLite Professional is an application which introduces new possibilties for designing application architecture. The application can also boost productivity and leverages database application implementation. Here are some key features of "dotConnect for SQLite Professional":
Wide Coverage of SQLite Features:
· By providing access to the most advanced database functionality, dotConnect for SQLite allows developers to harness the full capabilities of the SQLite database engine and optimize their database applications. dotConnect for SQLite stands out as the set of components with the widest support of SQLite functionality.
· The goal of dotConnect for SQLite is to enable developers to write efficient and flexible database applications. The dotConnect for SQLite assemblies are implemented using optimized code and advanced data access algorithms. Components undergo comprehensive performance tests and are designed to help you write thin and efficient product data access layers.
Comprehensive Support for ADO.NET Technology Features:
· dotConnect for SQLite supports new ADO.NET features and technologies as soon as they are released. This includes base-class-based provider model, provider factories, connection string builder, metadata schemas, asynchronous commands, pooling enhancements, batch update support, provider-specific types, and so on. dotConnect for SQLite will continue supporting the newest standards and innovations of the .NET Framework.
Database Application Development Extensions:
· dotConnect for SQLite has a rich set of design time tools that leverage the development process greatly. Particularly, there are convenient design time component editors, wizards and managers for typed SQLite-specific components, toolset for live data binding and much more. dotConnect for SQLite integrates tightly with Visual Studio 2005/2008, Delphi, and SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence Solutions.
· dotConnect for SQLite has extra components designed to simplify some tasks and support SQLite-specific technologies. Particularly, SQLiteScript serves to execute series of SQL statements, and SQLiteDump serves to backup or restore a whole database or its parts.
ADO.NET Entity Framework Support:
· ADO.NET Entity Framework is a conceptual approach to database application development with focus on objects instead of relational data.The flexible architecture of Entity Framework is made up of well-thought layers and modules. Entity Framework optimizes the development process with object-relational mapping, SQL-based entity query language, and LINQ.
· dotConnect for SQLite supports the Entity Framework: capabilities, which allows you to base your object-oriented applications on SQLite. All standard Entity Framework samples can be easily ported to dotConnect for SQLite.
· dotConnect for SQLite includes support for LINQ to SQLite technology. The technology allows you to employ object-oriented database application development with less efforts and in less time. Compared to ADO.NET Entity Framework, LINQ to SQLite is better suited for RAD-style development, is easier to start with, and somewhat richer with server-oriented features like server-specific types.
Both Connected and Disconnected Models:
· dotConnect for SQLite combines connected and disconnected data access models in a single SQLiteDataTable component, that allows you to design more flexible application architecture and use full power of data binding.
Development and Support:
· dotConnect for SQLite is a SQLite connectivity solution that has been actively developed and supported since 2007. dotConnect for SQLite comes with full documentation, demo projects, and fast (usually within one business day) technical support by the dotConnect for SQLite development team.
· Direct access to SQLite database
· 100% managed code
· High performance
· Easy to deploy
· Supports the latest versions of SQLite database
· All SQLite data types support
· Entity Framework support
· LINQ to SQLite support
· Operates in both connected and disconnected models
· Powerful SQLiteDataTable component as all-in-one table data access solution
· Auxiliary components for SQL scripts and bulk data transfer
· Extra data binding capabilities
· Cross-form components cooperation
· Ability of monitoring query execution
· Licensed royalty-free per developer, per team, or per site
· .NET Framework
· ADO.NET Entity Framework
· 30-day trial What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The support of events which occur when connections are taken and returned to pool for processing SQLiteMonitor.TraceEvent is added
· The bug with SQLiteDump.Backup() for the text columns which contain the quote sign is fixed
LinqConnect (formerly known as LINQ to SQLite):
· The bug with deleting dependent entities when the 'main' one is modified is fixed
· The bug with update commands for Table Per Type inheritance is fixed
· The pluralization algorithm is improved when Naming rules are defined
Entity Framework support:
· The bug with comparing DATETIME columns and parameters is fixed