A professional suite for software integrations
logFACES Enterprise Logging Suite is composed by two applications which deal with software integrations, testing, field support or development, should find this product very useful. LogFaces is an out-of-the-box solution built on top of Apache Logging Services. There are three players - your system, logFaces Server and logFaces Clients. It works like this, your system sends log data to the logFaces Server using the appenders we provide. The server collects and routes this data to interested clients in the form that they define. The only requirement is to produce log in the format understood by the logFaces Server, which is currently Apache log4xxx API's schema. In the future we are planning to extend this format to alow other source types but today log4xxx API's are the de-facto standards in software development and most systems already support them. In such cases the integration is straightforward and is only a matter of simple configuration. Personal EditionThere is lighter version of logFaces which involves only two players - your system and logFaces Client directly. In this configuration the client runs a small embedded server inside. This variation is available as a Personal Edition for those who only need real-time viewer and typically don't require multi-user environment and database storage. Here are some key features of "logFACES Enterprise Logging Suite":
Out-of-the-box log server:
· Everything you need regarding log data collection is centralized in one place. logFaces Server can serve a single application or a whole office running magnitude of applications on different machines. System is platform-independent due to its Java™ nature, currently available on Win32 and Linux gtk x86 platforms.
Non-intrusive integration with existing systems:
· If your system is already using the Apache Logging Services, the integration is a matter of specifying an appender in your configuration. We use plain TCP and UDP sockets to receive logging streams from any number of hosts. Tested with numerous J2EE, C++ and Microsoft© .NET Framework-based applications.
· Server can be accessed by multiple remote clients for viewing log data in real time or doing historical queries. Clients communicate with Server over HTTP which allows them to be outside the office and still have a relatively simple access to the data.
Rich client for stream views and queries:
· logFaces Client is an Eclipse™ type applications. Users create views of the log stream coming through the Server which we call log perspectives. Perspectives are filters telling server what to dispatch to a certain client. They can overlap, meaning that different users can see the same or partially overlapped data streams in real time. It is also possible to receive an audible chime when errors occur. Client allows flexible database queries, search and drill downs.
· logFaces comes out-of-the-box with its own embedded database requiring zero administration. Log events going through the server are organized for database queries. You can specify which events should or shouldn't be persisted, and for how many days you would like keep the data.
External database support:
· For larger installations, logFaces Server can be integrated with external database. Major database brands are supported. Version 2.x is tested with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle and Apache Derby. In the future we're planning to extend this list. See user manual for more details.
Log files on-demand:
· Once in the database, log events can be retrieved with various queries and saved to files. This is very handy, because you don't have to worry about log files anymore. You can get them any time and you can do it remotely. The format of the log files and the time zones can be adjusted.
Scheduled email reports:
· logFaces can do scheduled reporting - an email with a log file constructed by your rules. All you need to do is to specify what to include in the log file and how to schedule it.
· logFaces Server is administered remotely using a conventional browser. This covers most of the administration tasks such as specifying ports for your applications, size of the database, scheduling reports, installing the license or checking the status. More advanced configuration activities are described in user manual.
Automatic software updates:
· logFaces Client updates are automated, whenever there is a fix or new version release, you're updated automatically or you can invoke the update yourself.
· (logFaces Server auto-updates will be released in later versions.)
· If anyone can be firewall friendly with plain HTTP, then logFaces is firewall friendly. logFaces Server has embedded HTTP server for communicating with clients and for accessing administration console.
· Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.5 or later.
· Minimum 500 MHz CPU, 512 MB RAM
· 18 MB of disk space without JRE (plus embedded database if used)
· Administration privilages for installation only
· 30 days trial What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New - Connecting to LDAP over SSL is now possible, added new parameter in admin/security page
· New - MongoDB replica sets can now be used by specifying several end points, exposed SalveOK write concern
· New - Server filters are now capable of trapping exception classes, not just thrown indication
· New - Server status page will now display overloading ratio with a warning color and icon indication
· New - Server internal logger level can now be changed in admin/status page without restarting the server
· New - Distribution for solaris x86-64 is now available
· New - Clients now have a new view - Hosts
· New - Client will now display the query time in query view toolbar.
· New - Clients can now share workspaces on server and import them from server for better team collaboration
· Improvement - MySQL queries will now work with streaming feature, significantly improves some queries speed
· Improvement - MongoDB capped collections can now be specified in configuration and switch to capped colle...